What is Your Simplifi Christmas Wish List?!

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2 in The Water Cooler

The family have been passing around gift lists for Christmas the last few weeks and it got me to thinking about my Holiday Wish List for Q-Simplifi. Here's mine, what's on yours? (I'll limit mine to my top four.)

First of all, IMHO, Q-Simplifi is a great personal finance management app. For me, the Spending Plan is absolutely the best! That being said here is my Christmas Wish List.

1. A means to incorporate annual/semi-annual recurring bills/subscriptions into the monthly Spending Plan.
  2. A means to incorporate non-monthly/irregular Planned Spending categories in Planed Spending.
  3. A means to include Planned Spending in Cash Flow projections.
  4. An option to merge selected accounts into a single Cash Flow graph.

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Simplifi already filled three of my Christmas wishes/requests:

Import categories from Mint

Bulk mark transactions as reviewed or not reviewed

Bulk mark transactions as excluded from spending plan and/or excluded from reports

Two requests I will like, which exist as feature requests in the Simplifi community and I already voted for:

Run reports for an all time range with data separated by quarter or year depending on date range

Export original statement text in the transaction CSV. Like to have that data point to review transactions in Excel, which I do quarterly or so

Bonus wish

I saw a link on Reddit to a new promotional offer for Mint users: a free year if Mint history is imported. The Quicken website shows such offer too. Can some recent former Minters (signed up in the past month) like me get the offer? Wish I procrastinated more.

https://www.quicken.com/lp/simplifi-vs-mint/

If not, it is OK. I enjoy Simplifi overall and like the improvements in it. The half off the first year black Friday deal I got is also good.

Merry Christmas to all. I enjoy the community and the support provided. Thanks to @Coach Natalie and other coaches who make this space useful.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm still holding out for the additional recurring frequency options features… Mainly to fix my odd income situation and 2 every 4-week subscriptions.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB 's first three items are high on my list as well. I'd also like:

• Real Estate and other assets with no associated cash flow removed from the cash flow graph
    • the cash flow graph remembering from one page refresh to the next (if not permanently) what accounts I have selected to show.
    • A general overhaul of Savings Goals functionality (and inclusion in the cash flow graph)
    • And maybe my Number One Top Christmas Wish Item: Change the color scheme back, or offer a bunch of different themes to choose from. The current one makes my head hurt

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh yeah - one more thing on my wish list:

In Watchlists, make the "Projected" field actually mean something. Base it off of the Spending Plan, rather than making a universally wrong assumption about the average spent per day so far in the month, and projecting that amount per day to the end of the month.

I have watchlists that at the beginning of the month project out into the tens of thousands of dollars when the Spending Plan tells me the the watchlist items are going to be less than $1000.

It seems counter productive to put so much effort into the Spending Plan, and have it be the focus of so much of the product, and then completely cast it aside for watchlists in favor of an algorithm guaranteed to be incorrect.

Anthony Bopp

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agree - I will be OK with taking the projected field out of the watchlist entirely if the projections are useless and cannot be based out of the spending plan.

Minter 2014-2023

• aolafsson
    aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

• I'm very new to Simplifi! Really just diving in, but initially…
    • 3. I don't know if I just haven't learned how to do this… but planning for irregular spending (i.e. I know I'm paying Car Insurance in April - 2x per year) / budget categories that rollover month other month (i.e. I'm $50 favorable one month, I have $50 extra the next month).

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Anthony Bopp

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I concur with many of the previous wishes.

My wish list:

1. A product roadmap with a timeline of all our wishes planned, rejected, with status updates (communication). (planned since 7/1/2022)
    2. A customizable user interface to display our data our way, such as hiding/moving unwanted data, moving recurring transactions to pending status sooner than today, dark them on mobile.
    3. Ability for split transactions in recurring bills and payments.
    4. Improved biller aggregation, credit cards-none supported for me. I have seen some progress recently.
    5. Asset value aggregators, such as Zillow, Redfin (In Progress since Dec. 2020)

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Number 1 is being able to have transfers within splits that are ignored. I also want splits saved in Reminders.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yes @SRC54 - splits saved in reminders is also a top request for me. Separate split transactions with a way to trace to the original total amount for matching to institution.

The one below, connecting credit card statements and due dates to their upcoming transfer reminder, is one I want. I am keeping some funds in a high yield savings account and want to ensure my checking balance is sufficient to pay the credit cards in full. Of course, my checking account does not pay any interest.

I look at these threads and get more ideas.

Minter 2014-2023

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That is frustrating about this new deal. So basically anyone who waited now gets it free for a year? I might still be within my 30 days…. @Coach Natalie do we complain and all of us who are trying to give feedback and test the beta app see if we can get the same deal? Or heck since we already JUST paid can we get another 6 months free? https://www.quicken.com/shoppingcart/loginv2

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Matt Anfang - send a message through the chat box in your Simplifi website. I just got the free year as I asked. Someone will review your instance to see if you imported Mint data. I figured since I have been living here now and helping out, I earned my free year 😊. The promotion is not automatically applied, you need to ask.

Send the link to the promotion in your ask https://www.quicken.com/lp/simplifi-vs-mint/

Minter 2014-2023

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I signed up in November for a 90-day free trial…and saw an email with the offer to import Mint data for an additional 9 months of trial for free.

After completing the data import, I got a popup with the additional 9 months added to my free trial.

Great deal, and good will gesture by Simplifi…I sure hope to see some of the promised improvements before November 2024.

Product is good…could be great!

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with @Philk - product could be great. It is good now for me, I enjoy the projected cash flow. I concur with his wish list.

Minter 2014-2023

• mymorningcatnip
    Options

I'm new to Simplifi (from Mint) and I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but I would LOVE 6 week recurring bills. I have a few auto-deducts that bill every 6 weeks (Chewy, skincare, etc, etc) and I've not been sure how to handle those as of yet. For now I set them to every two months and I will maybe manually change the dates? Not sure! It feels like a pretty simple feature to add but I must be wrong or else it would be there already!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.