Import of MINT transactions - process questions

Options
BlueGrits
BlueGrits Member

I very easily loaded all my institutions and am now looking to upload the CSV file of my MINT transactions, but have some questions:

1. Do I need to segregate the MINT CSV files by each institution and add each one by one, or can I just get all transactions from every institution and add them in bulk?
  2. When I created my institutions on Simplifi, it rolled in some transactions. If I import the MINT transactions, will it duplicate entries?

Best Answer

• BlueGrits
    BlueGrits Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, I decided to do my first import to see how it worked and think I now understand.

I have to download each individual account (e.g., Costco Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) into its own CSV, prep the CSV for import, and tie it to specific credit card account in Simpli.

*** In the OP, I was using the term "institution" to refer to company/organization. For example, TIAA would be the institution and the accounts within it would be 401K, 403b, etc. I was wondering if I could create a CSV for all of an institution's (like TIAA) accounts and have Simplifi detect which TIAA (401K, 403b) in Simplifi would receive the transaction. I now understand it doesn't work that way.

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Do you mean institutions as banks (Wells Fargo) or accounts within a bank?

1. Mint import requires a CSV by account, with the account name matching the name in Simplifi.
    2. Duplicates will not get created if you have matching transactions by date, amount, and payee. To be safe, you can delete the CSV transactions for the date range that overlaps with the connected transactions you downloaded. A user had duplicates as noted here as the dates he used were different.

More info here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.