When selecting a category to Ask a Question, many categories not selectable.

Options
Philk
Philk Member ✭✭✭
edited January 17 in Using the Community

I wanted to ask a question about product updates and that category could not be selected: "Updates from the Product Team"

Why are the dimmed categories not available?

[edited image to reduce size]

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That category is updates posted by the product team.

You're not on the product team, so you cannot post updates.

The idea is it's a place for official news, as opposed to other users' comments.

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk

I can live with that for some, but how then does one communicate to that category.

It appears they don't want to hear feedback…to the other dimmed categories.

Here is just one example that contradicts your statement:

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

To me, it appears that channeling commentary in this dysfunctional manner is by design, by making it more difficult to see or find specific topics. Channeling everything together acts as a way to bury all the difficult topics in the noise and chatter from all other topics.

This is very evident in all the various feature request that get merged and jumbled together in a tangle of chaos.

-Phil-

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Philk You must have access to some message boards which I do not have access to. I cannot find the "Early Access User Feedback" category while browsing categories or making a new post. In fact - looking at where it says that message board is, I don't have access to "Product Feedback" at all. It's strange, because I believe I used to have access to that.

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@RobWilk

Apparently, my post struck a nerve with the developers, as they have removed access (Censored) to those for me as well…as shown if the following side by side.

Further evidence to support my suspicions stated previously.

I'd rather hear from them with words, rather than hiding their mistakes in silence!

-Phil-

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt the developers are working on a Sunday. Might be wrong, I've seen at least one coach keep an eye on message boards on the weekend.

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well…someone has done something. The shell game is alive and well at Quicken Simplifi.

-Phil-

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tested the community categories on the web version of the Community. I found that the only categories closed to me are:

Announcements
    Updates from the product team
    Known product issues
    Current online banking issues
    Can post in product feedback but not in the early access user feedback sub category. On the latter, the product team should start a discussion and then open for comments if they choose.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The start of this discussion had to do with choosing category, which was born out of frustration when I wanted to ask these questions and couldn't apply the right category…still can't.

The following discussion here is more important:

-Phil-

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Product Feedback and Early Access User Feedback are both disabled for me as well, which is a new behavior. I suspect it's an innocuous bug rather than a conspiracy to block comments.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp Can you verify that there has been an exchange of feedback from both users and Simplifi staff regarding early releases?

As noted in the linked discussion, where I was asking about getting updates about early releases so we could know what to look for with regard to new features or fixes to existing, "Innocuous Bugs"?

-Phil-

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I have had several instances of feedback from Simplifi staff on early release features.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp How recently? Were they providing details about early releases so those of us interested could follow along and monitor?

-Phil-

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I do believe I had not Early Access User Feedback enabled in the community since I starting posting more in the community on December 4.

Early access user feedback community link: https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/early-access-user-feedback

Minter 2014-2023

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA How did you enable "Early Access User Feedback"?

Are you confusing it with Early Access option shown here:

-Phil-

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My bad - I have not had Early Access user feedback (link below) enabled to post any comments.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/early-access-user-feedback

I have early access enabled in the Simplifi app. Thanks for the question, I typed my prior comment too fast. I just updated it.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.