Allow direct/deep linking to specific areas of Simplifi - e.g. pre-selected filters (edited)

Options
budgetj75
budgetj75 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

When I select filters in the Transacations view, the URL changes appropriately to reflect the filters. I was hoping to use this to bookmark and link directly to my filtered (e.g. unreviewed) transactions. However this doesn't work.

The Transactions section loads, but the filter is not selected, so I have to manually reselect. When will this be fixed (since it seems the intent is for the URL to be able to apply this). A "reload/refresh" has the undesired behavior.

Link to transactions filtered for not reviewed.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for reaching out!

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback here:

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

I think this is slightly different. That would still require my to click and load the saved filter. This suggestion is to honor/apply what's in the URL line, since it's already being updated when I select my filters, just not used by the page after it's loaded.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for posting back!

It doesn't look like the URL for filtered transactions is designed to save the selected filters. I think that voting for the above-referenced Idea post for 'Saved Filters' would be your best bet as far as accomplishing something like this since it already has 63 votes. Otherwise, you can create an Idea post outlining your specific request so other users can vote on it:

Alternatively, we can turn this post into an Idea post for you — just let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm curious why the URL bar is updated when selecting filters (e.g. select filters and you'll see the URL params changing appropriately). It feels like this is there because it was in preparation for something like this, but perhaps still pending? I'm trying to get to the relevant state in Simplifi with the minimum numbers of clicks (e.g. you can see this in sites like KBB to look up the value of your car - I can just link to the what I had setup and it bring right where I need to be). Favorites reduces the number clicks, while this potentially eliminates it.

I would suggest turning it into an idea/request, but would be good to rename to something like "Allow direct/deep linking to specific areas of Simplifi - e.g. pre-selected filters". Thanks.

• smiklakhani
    smiklakhani Member ✭✭
    Options

@budgetj75 the deep-linking actually used to work in a prior version of Simplifi, which was super nice because one of my main use cases for Simplifi is reviewing unreviewed transactions. Now it takes me 3 clicks to load the same view. I think the functionality broke sometime a couple months ago when they pushed a UI redesign / rebrand. I added some more info here:

• RBSimplify
    RBSimplify Member
    Options

Reporting biggest flaw is unable to bookmark the filters selected, make sure you add filters selection values to the query string so users can bookmark and come back instead of reselecting all again , refer other sites for filters implementation

• rbw
    rbw Member
    Options

This is a bug in the product today, not a new feature "idea." Example:

Select a filter:

The URL updates from app.simplifimoney.com/transactions to app.simplifimoney.com/transactions?isExcludedFromReports=0&filterOut=0, to reflect the filters that have been applied.

However, on page refresh (or loading from a bookmark), the URL params are there, but the filters are not applied:

Please fix this bug.