Citibank Not Connecting

Options

I am coming from Mint where I didn't have issues with adding my Citibank accounts. I know there are a lot of new users coming from Mint who will also be expecting that their Citibank accounts will connect on Simplifi.

It seems like many users are not able to add their Citibank accounts. Even when you disable two-factor authentication, the accounts do not connect. The error code is FDP-192.

Do you have an ETA when this issue will be resolved? I suspect many former Mint users will jump from this service if it is not resolved soon, which is a shame because I generally like the user experience.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@questions84, thanks for posting!

We do have some longstanding issues with Citi; these Alerts that can be followed for updates:

These issues will most likely continue until we migrate to Citi's OAuth API connection. No ETA on the API connection for Citi as of yet, but this thread can be followed for updates on all of the API connections:

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• markl22
    Options

These issues look to be open for months. Is there any way to escalate this issue? Citi is a huge bank and like the original poster I'm coming from Mint. If this doesn't work, then I will have to go elsewhere.

Using competitors, the Plaid integration works like a charm. Could the team investigate using Plaid instead?

• Coles1368
    Options

Like the original poster, I have also moved over from mint. I personally don’t know how this has been an issue for so long. It’s a big bank that’s well known but yet it has been an issue for over 2 years. It looks really bad when people are moving over from mint and you find out the bank you use has to have 2 auth off to be able to use with an app. Making the account unsecured.

• nfawofdlk
    Options

Same situation here. I'm migrating from Mint, but will unfortunately need to close my Simplifi account and use another service if this isn't resolved.

• nfawofdlk
    Options

I might have figured this out via this incredibly helpful reddit comment about a Mint connection issue. (from 2 years ago!)

Following these steps resolved the 102 error for me and let me link my citi account. Tbd if it'll continue to import new transactions after the 10-minute "Add access" window from Citi closes, but we'll see.

Copy/pasting the reddit comment:

I ran into the same problem and was able to resolve it by calling Citi Technical support. The problem that you had is that your Citi online access has not been fully setup yet. This is probably because you had created your online account while applying for the card and Citi website didn't prompt you to this step.

What you need to do is go to 'Profile' at the top right corner of your account page, go to 'More Settings', then 'Security Questions' under the 'Security' tab. Now you can answer the 3 security questions, and save. If you do this successfully, then move on to the next step. If not, there would be a pop up window showing 'Access Blocked', then you would have to call Technical support to remove your online account, and then recreate a new one and you should be able to add the 3 security questions now (this is what I had to go through).

After you're done with adding the Security questions, go back to the 'Profile' page, locate to 'Manage Desktop App', then there is an option to add 3rd party app access. After you grant access, you would then have a 10 minute window to go to Mint website and link your account. It should work this time around.

• vnw
    vnw Member
    Options

Another Mint refugee here. I didn't think I had MFA enabled on my Citi account, but I went into the MFA settings and sure enough the button was on, so I disabled it, and that solved the FDP-192 error on Simplifi.

Now I'm getting the FDP-102 error on Simplifi. I tried nfawofdlk's suggestion (directly above) but still no luck. I will keep trying, but as others have said, if this isn't resolved relatively quickly, I will unfortunately need to cancel my Simplifi account, before the 30 day money back guarantee ends. I really like Simplifi in general, so I'm hoping this is fixed soon.

• Cheldawn
    Options

I too am Mint refugee…if this is not resolved before the end of my trial period I will be canceling my subscription.

• blim747
    Options

Also experiencing this issue, I tried disabling MFA and still no luck

This discussion has been closed.