Fidelity NetBenefits Mutual Fund Names

Options
ricklamb0810
ricklamb0810 Member

I am syncing Fidelity NetBenefits with Simplifi. One of my 4 mutual funds is syncing perfectly. Unfortunately , 3 of the 4 successfully bring over the balances, but without their names/ticker symbols. I tried Fidelity online chat & they had no information at all! Has anyone found a fix or are we waiting for Fidelity to fix the problem?

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ricklamb0810,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you make the accounts manual and then reconnect them. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. For instructions on making the accounts manual, click here here.
    2. Once you see the accounts in the 'Manual Accounts' section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to "Fidelity Inv & Retirement".
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• ricklamb0810
    Options
    1. I followed the directions closely. The account successfully re-sync’d, but the symbols & names on 3 of the mutual funds are still wrong (showing 069R, 0DFF & TFCE)
    2. Unrelated, I only have one remaining issue. When I manually add vehicles asset values, they show up as negative values in the accounts list?

Maybe, both these will correct in 4 to 6 hours after the next sync?

Btw, obviously, I am new to Simplifi. But, I really like it!

• ricklamb0810
    Options

Over night refresh did not fix either problem. 1. The mutual funds still have the wrong name&symbols, 2. My vehicle assets (cars without loans) still show negative values which messes up my Net Worth Report?!?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

What are the correct names/symbols for the mutual funds that are showing incorrectly? Is the information you listed in parenthesis the incorrect symbols that it is showing?

For the unrelated issue with vehicle assets reflecting as a negative value, I would recommend double checking to make sure they were added correctly, and seeing if you can edit the balance to reflect correctly. You can reference this article for information on how to do this on the Web app, or this article for information on doing it on the Mobile app.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• ricklamb0810
    Options

Here are the fund names with what Simplifi shows in parentheses: 1. Dodge & Cox Balanced (TFCE) or DODBX, 2. Vanguard Target 2030 (069R) or VTXHR, 3.. Vanguard Inst 500 Index(0DFF) or VFIAX. Interestingly, 1 of 4, Vanguard PrimeCap Admiral Shares or VPMCX, syncs correctly.

The vehicle issue is solved. A fellow REDDITer said “just put a plus sign in front of the values, otherwise the app assumes it is negative”. Sounded strange, but it fixed the issue

• ricklamb0810
    Options

FYI, explanation from a REDDITer “It's pretty common for 3rd party apps to NOT have the ability to see 401(k) plan holding details, the holdings typically aren't common stock stickers. They're often plan specific funds and are only recognizable by a unique CUSIP number (that's data Simplifi would have to configure on their end).

Empower (Personal Capital) is the only service I've come across that allows you, the user, to manually define the CUSIP number. And even then, not all of the managers of those funds make it easy to find the CUSIP number.”

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ricklamb0810, thanks for posting back with additional details!

It's possible that the issue is due to the type of holdings, but we ultimately want to do everything we can to make the data match between Quicken Simplifi and the bank's website. With that, please provide the following information so we can take a look at escalating this for you:

1. The name of the account the holdings reside in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

Please also submit your logs by using the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• ricklamb0810
    Options

I have the screenshots for you. But, I do not have a PC or Mac. The browser send feedback option does not work from the iPad browser. So, if you can send me an email, I will replay with the screenshots

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ricklamb0810, we don't have an email to use for these types of things; if you'd prefer to keep the screenshots private, you can either DM them to me or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange and you can upload them there.

Alternatively, if you're looking for a private support experience in general, you'd want to contact our Support Team directly to report the issue: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

For the feedback part, if you don't have access to a computer web browser/don't use the Quicken Simplifi Web App, we can just try submitting the ticket without the logs. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ricklamb0810
    Options

I sent you the screenshots via DM

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ricklamb0810, thanks for the DM!

When reviewing the information you sent over, it looks like we still need some data from you:

1. The name of the account the holdings reside in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.

It's also hard to compare the screenshot provided of the holdings on the bank's website. To clarify, what are the exact differences you're seeing in Quicken Simplifi versus the bank's website? Is there any way to show more details of the holdings from the bank's website so we can see how many shares are held, etc.?

-Coach Natalie

• ricklamb0810
    Options

I DM’ed you more information

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ricklamb0810, thanks for providing some clarity on the issue!

We still need the name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi. This is the name of the Fidelity account, not your name/email that's on your Quicken Account.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ricklamb0810, we still need the name of the account the issue is occurring with. This is the name of the Fidelity bank account as it's listed in Quicken Simplifi; not your User ID or email address or anything along those lines. For example, my Robinhood account is called "Robinhood Investments" in Quicken Simplifi —

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ricklamb0810, thanks!

It's possible that we won't be able to do anything about this if Fidelity is providing the info that way, but I did go ahead and get a ticket filed so we can find out for sure. I'll let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8617

• ricklamb0810
    ricklamb0810 Member
    Options

OK, thanks

• Etchie
    Options

I had issues with my accounts when I renamed them after syching. Now I have several accounts that state CHECKING and in some screens, I cannot easily tell which account the CHECKING is for. Since I had issues at first, now I am hesitant to rename the accounts. Any helps would be appreciated.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Etchie, thanks for posting!

Unless you're also experiencing an issue with your Fidelity Mutual Funds, you'll want to create a separate post to report your separate issue so it can be properly looked at. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible so the Community can get a clear picture of what's going on.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.