Fidelity Balances

Options
Msr131
Msr131 Member
edited January 30 in Troubleshooting

I have encountered an issue with my Fidelity accounts that I have not seen posted here before. When I look in Dashboard/Reports, my Fidelity balances are not updated to the latest balance. However, when I click into the account detail itself, I see the most up to date balance. So the issue appears that updated balances are not pulling through to reports/dashboard view. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing a time stamp discrepancy as well, but I think it's opposite of what @Msr131 is seeing.

On the dashboard, I see a timestamp of this morning:

In the Investments overview page, I see a timestamp from yesterday afternoon:

But when I drill into the detail itself, I see a timestamp from yesterday evening:

I suspect there is more going on here than meets the eye. I have a feeling the dashboard is displaying the last time any investment account is updated, and the investments page and details pages are more specific as to when those exact things are updated.

Can someone confirm?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Msr131,

To clarify, when you look at the dashboard, is it the values that are not matching up with the drill down, the refresh dates, or both? I suspect what you may be seeing is the difference between the last refresh with the financial institution vs the last refresh to update market value/quotes (See this link for more information). If that isn't what is causing the difference you are seeing, then could you please provide more detail, and perhaps screenshots of what you are seeing (with any personal information redacted)?

@ajbopp,

I see the same date difference as you do on dashboard vs in the investment account itself. I suspect this is caused by the fact that there are different refresh timings. There is the refresh with the financial institution itself, and the refresh to update items such as market value/quotes. It appears that the dashboard reflects the last refresh with the financial institution, while the investments page reflects when the market value/quotes were last updated. See this link for more information on how investment balances are updated.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Msr131
    Msr131 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie The differences I'm seeing are in the values. For example, Values on the Dashboard for Fidelity Account 1 is 1,000; while the drill down for Fidelity Account 1 shows $1,050. The investments tab matches the drill down.

The reason I care is that my net worth calculation is not as up to date as possible, and so just want to understand at what schedule those Dashboard balances get updated.

Thanks.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The most likely reason that you'd be seeing that difference in values is that the accounts list and dashboard are updated with the information provided by the financial institution. Generally, refreshes with the financial institution happen approximately every 4-6 hours. By contrast, the Investments section updates based on the market value of your holdings, with the latest pricing information.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Fidelity accounts have not been updating properly since the connection method update last week. As a result, my Fidelity and Net Worth balances are completely unreliable, which has left Simplifi unusable for my use case. This is very apparent in the days after executing trades at Fidelity.

The following notice of the changes indicates that updates could take 24 hours, but I'm finding that they're taking more than 24 hours or that some data points aren't updating at all. It appears that resetting the connection on the accounts is the only way to force an update, which is too tedious to do regularly.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

Is this a known issue? If so, when can we expect it to be resolved?

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

Our accounts a WAY more than 24 to 48 hours off. We have been using the Cash Flow section to determine how much money to transfer to checking and according to Cash Flow we need to transfer funds before January 7 to cover upcoming bills. Although with NOTHING UNKNOWN our Fidelity Checking account overdrew December 27. After looking closely, I find that the balance that Simplifi has is WAY off by several thousand dollars. Even though Fidelity showed our account overdrawn a few days ago, Simplifi still shows that we have plenty of money until January 7.

All of our Fidelity accounts are off in the balance but it is the checking account that makes this obvious. I am curious if the recently new Purchase/Redemption to/from Core Account transactions are impacting the balance. I find that some of these transactions are automatically excluded from spending plan and reports and others are not. I have been manually excluding these myself, maybe this is wrong?

Is there a way to get the Cash Flow section of Simplifi accurate again?

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, if you're experiencing a balance discrepancy in Quicken Simplifi, it can usually be resolved by resetting the connection for the bank: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

However, since Fidelity balances are delayed on the new API connection, and this is a known issue that we are already aware of and working with Fidelity on, I'd say at this point to hang tight and hope to see some improvements/a fix down the road. In the meantime, at least they are aware and working on it.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

As for the erroneous transactions, these should not impact the balance in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

Coach, Thank you for the suggestion but I have reset the Simplifi/Fidelity connection several times to no avail. The balance is still WAY off and the Cash Flow in Simplifi still shows a very positive balance for another week where Fidelity shows my balance at near zero.

I'll sit tight, but wanted to let you know that the connection reset did not help in my case.

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

@Coach Natalie , I'm seeing the same. The Fidelity balances are definitively impacted by the recent changes. My holdings are not reflecting trades made over a week ago. As a result, the Net Worth and Fidelity account balances are unreliable and useless until a fix is implemented. What's the timeframe?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, unfortunately, we don't have any further insight to provide on the issues with the new Fidelity connection. Our support article here says:

We understand that these changes may cause inconvenience for some of our users and we have been working with Fidelity to address these issues. However, Fidelity has not provided us with an ETA for when these issues will be resolved. We're doing everything we can to improve this experience for users.

With that, I'd suggest contacting Fidelity directly to help make them aware of the issue, as it is their API we are connecting to and they have control over what data to provide and how up-to-date it is.

If you're experiencing a balance discrepancy with your Fidelity accounts outside of the known issue outlined in the above-referenced support article, I'd suggest resetting the connection. If that doesn't work, you can make the account(s) fully manual, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to Fidelity, and then carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s).

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5321064-how-to-make-an-account-manual

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4295304-adding-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts

This should hopefully refresh everything with the connection and get the balances in line again. Otherwise, I hope Fidelity is receptive to everyone's feedback!

-Coach Natalie

• nvaidyamd
    Options

Having the same issue as everyone else here. nothing from fidelity has updated since dec 26 or so. credit card, investment accounts. all the balances and transactions are unchanged going back to dec 26.

going manual isn't really useful. whole point of simplifi for me is to see the balances and transactions without having to login to the fidelity website everyday.

as far as i can tell all of the aggregators seem to be having issues with fidelity?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@nvaidyamd, have you tried the steps listed in my last comment here?

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• nvaidyamd
    Options

it… got too complicated so I did nothing and it ended up updating on its own. If it updates every couple of days I’m okay with that.

would be nice to have a “last updated” time on each account.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.