Comments

• winkelcalvin
    Options

Any closer update on this?

• nichodamous
    nichodamous Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Nicole said:
    We hope to have this function available this month! We'll keep you posted!

Awesome! I really can't wait for this feature as I would love to nuke my mint account forever.

• the_ringleader
    Options

Looking forward to the Import feature :smile:! Really hard to track progress without historical data.

• robert
    robert Member ✭✭
    Options
    So, this would actually be.... tomorrow?
  • Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi all,

Great news! Our team is finishing up the final touches on the CSV import functionality and if testing goes well, this should be released by Thursday! I'll keep you posted!

Thank you,
    Coach Nicole

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi all,

We're happy to announce that CSV import has now been added to Simplifi. The import button can be found to the left of the export function in the account registers:

Thank you all for the feedback and support. If you have any questions about this function or experience any trouble, please don't hesitate to contact our support team through the navy messenger icon at the bottom of your Simplifi account.

Thanks!
    Coach Nicole

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yay! Thank you. Testing it out now... for others using Apple Card it does appear that Apple's CSV that they export from the wallet app puts payments as negative and charges as positive numbers, which is the opposite of how Simplifi wants it in their imports. I had to quick run down the CSV and reverse all the numbers before importing. It also appears that most transactions were imported as "uncategorized" even when I attempted to match up to the names in Simplifi (like "Dining & Drinks" for example).

Very happy you guys implemented this feature by the way :)
  • Love the CSV Import feature—works perfectly for me so far!

Outside of Banking, are there plans to be able to import transactions/history from Investment and Property & Debt accounts? I'd like to be able to see a report of my Net Worth over time, but since there's only 3 months of history for those accounts, it's not very comprehensive or helpful.

This would be my only gripe—I love everything else about Simplifi.

• robert
    robert Member ✭✭
    Options

Nice to have at least some import function. However, I would have expected to be able to import my quicken or .qif files. And there seems no way to import transactions that transfer from one account to another? I would accept that I have to add each account in one file, but as now, it is quite useless? A huge amount of effort to format the file as Simplifi expects it, and then not even all transactions can be imported. I am a bit disappointed to see only that after 10 months. Simplifi is made by Quicken, as it is written on the website, and you can't even import from the Quicken software? any ETA on that which is not again in about a year?

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick followup to my last comment -- I had much better luck with Simplifi auto-categorizing what I imported when I just left the categories the way they came from the Apple Card CSV export. Only a small handful did not get categorized. I did catch a small bug which I reported in the bugs forum: a few times I had multiple transactions that had the same Payee and Amount and one/some of them would not import. Was an easy fix on my end, but should be looked into.
  • Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭
    Options

@cgriffin2157 How did you get your Apple Card import to auto to categorize? Mine all came in as "Uncategorized".

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Murphybp2 not really sure what I did differently the second time. It may have remembered a couple of the ones I had started to categorize the first time around... I also used the "merchant" column from the CSV for "payee" in the simplifi import CSV instead of the long form descriptions
  • nishchan
    nishchan Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Yeah it definitely remembers the categories, once you do them the first time. Some of the categories aren't called exactly the same on Apple Card and Simplifi, so if it's not exactly the same - it defaults to Uncategorized

• TheNigerianPrince
    TheNigerianPrince Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sigh. Looks like Notes aren't supported for importing, with tags prioritized instead. This doesn't work for me at all, and I have no intention of leaving my history behind. I guess I won't be subscribing after my trial.

This discussion has been closed.