Deep linking to filters on transactions page is broken

Options
smiklakhani
smiklakhani Member ✭✭
edited January 25 in Report a Bug

Hi there!

One of my most frequent use cases on Simplifi is reviewing new & unreviewed transactions. It does take a few clicks to get to this view when manually done via the UI (Load Simplifi » Transactions » Click on filter icon » Advanced » Not reviewed), so I was thrilled earlier this year when I realized that I could use the deep linking to load the view with one click (https://app.simplifimoney.com/transactions?displayNode=all&isReviewed=0&filterOut=0). Unfortunately, the deep linking has been broken since the UI redesign happened a couple months ago (roughly around the time the logo changed), so I'm back to manually going to the transactions page and applying the filter.

I've got a few questions:

• Is this a known issue?
  • If not, can it be addressed?
  • If it is a known issue, does the team plan on fixing it, and if so, do you have an ETA on it?
  • Lastly, is there a quicker or better way to get to the view above that I haven't thought of yet?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @smiklakhani,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! You mention the link is broken, but you didn't provide any detail as to what happens when you use the link. When I tried testing it myself, I see it goes to the transactions section, but without the filter applied. Is that what you are seeing also, or are you seeing something else? If you are seeing something else, could you please provide more detail, and a screenshot (with personal information redacted) if possible?

A way to get to a similar view is using the reports interface and applying the filter there. However, that requires just as many clicks (perhaps more) and would be better only if there are additional criteria you want to add, such as seeing only income or seeing only expenses. It also has the same behavior of forgetting the filter after you've closed the web page and re-access using the link.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• smiklakhani
    smiklakhani Member ✭✭
    Options

Coach Kristina: that's right - I just see the transactions view now without the filter applied. It used to read the filter info off the URL and apply those automatically, which was super nice.

Coach Natalie, I'll be sure to drop a vote for the top one you suggested - thanks!

This discussion has been closed.