Mint importing transactions into Simplifi

Options
BGilbert
BGilbert Member
edited February 2 in Getting Started

Ok I have my Simplify account setup. I have the accounts setup. It says if I import my Mint transactions into Simplify I can get a free year, how do I redeem this offer I can not find this information on the site?

Question to on how too: (not your site instructions on how to import do not match the screens, but easy enough to figure out)

When I export my transaction out of mint they are all together no option to export by account, due to already being converted to Credit Karma. So I can open the CSV file and whittle down to the account I want to import being sure to save the results as a CSV file. What I am noticing is if I import this it seems like Simplify has already imported as much history from my account as possible. Do I need to wait for this import to complete then edit out all transactions Simplify has already imported? or is there a process to eliminate the now duplicate transactions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@BGilbert, thanks for posting to the Community!

You should have been automatically offered a free year after signing up for Quicken Simplifi and importing transactions from Mint. You'll want to make sure you select the "Mint" option when importing the transactions; if you still don't see the offer pop up, please log out and back in.

https://www.quicken.com/lp/simplifi-vs-mint/

As for the duplicate transactions, I'm assuming this happened due to connecting the accounts to the bank and then importing transactions with overlapping dates. I think the best way to solve this would be to start over with the import and connecting to the bank. You can either do the import first and then connect the accounts to the bank, as this should not cause duplicates. Or you can connect to the bank first and then limit your Mint imports so the transaction dates don't overlap.

This post here has more details from other users:

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.