Treasurydirect.gov Connection Problems

Options
whyme
whyme Member

I've repeatedly tried today to add 3 treasurydirect.gov accounts over the web or phone and the process does not complete. It'll either ask for OTPs repeatedly or just end with an error. Sometimes it gets the name of the account but all the balances are $0. My children's accounts are not being pulled in either. I appreciate updates from what seems to be a known problem.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@whyme, thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

To clarify, we don't currently have any known issues with being unable to add TreasuryDirect accounts. With that, please provide some additional details so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on:

• Have you ever had these accounts connected in Quicken Simplifi successfully, or is this your first time attempting to add them?
    • What types of error codes are you receiving? What's the most recent code you've received?
    • Are you able to complete any MFA requests that pop up for this bank in Quicken Simplifi?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• whyme
    whyme Member
    Options

I am a new user. I finally was able to add 2 of my 3 accounts successfully after 3-4 cycles of the same account password and OTP prompts. The third account will not add. The balances on the account only show the bond purchase values and not the current value. The implementation for treasurydirect.gov is not working correctly. I sent over screenshots for my first two accounts and the issue with the balances.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@whyme, I'm glad you were able to get most of your accounts connected!

When you say that you sent over screenshots, do you mean that you already contacted Support directly for this issue? If so, you'd want to continue working with them on the issue; you only need to report issues to one support channel.

With that, it sounds like what you're experiencing with the balance issue has been reported for a couple of other users already:

I'm not sure if the resolution will be global or not, but feel free to follow along with these posts for updates, and then let us know if you're still seeing that issue.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• whyme
    whyme Member
    Options

Yes, they created a reference number for the issue of incorrect value and not connecting my children's accounts with the ticket. They did not create a ticket for being unable to add the third Treasurydirect.gov account yet.

• whyme
    whyme Member
    Options

Yes, they created a reference number for the issue of incorrect value and not connecting my children's accounts with the ticket. They did not create a ticket for being unable to add the third Treasurydirect.gov account yet.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@whyme, thanks for posting back!

If you'd like to report the missing account here in the Community instead of to Chat Support, please provide some additional details so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on:

1. What type of account are you attempting to add?
    2. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    3. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    4. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    5. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.