Importing mint transactions after adding accounts

Options
yokuyuki
yokuyuki Member
edited February 9 in Getting Started

I noticed that the guide specifically says to manually create an account to hold the imported transactions and then link an online account to it, but does first adding an online account and then importing the transactions for that account also work?

It seems like the workaround for importing investment transactions requires that the online account exist first and then import the mint transactions for that account.

I tried it and I see my imported transactions, but I'm not sure if there is any issues doing it this way?

Best Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Bottom line: Yes, you can add the online account first and then import transactions. Ensure that you only import transactions from Mint from the day before the earliest date you get in the initial transaction download. Then, clean up the synched transactions as needed and import.

Check out the prior post below for more details.

Also, the import process is getting revamped soon. You may want to wait until the new import method is released.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not sure what all changes are coming to the Mint Import process, but it sounds like we'll at least see the ability to import multiple accounts at once, as well as a Getting Started Flow for Mint.

The changes are expected with the 3.95.0 Web Release, and as soon as that's out, our support article will be updated to reflect the changes: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

Please be sure to keep an eye out!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• yokuyuki
    yokuyuki Member
    Options

@UrsulaA what's changing with the new import method?

Also, I haven't seen any issues with importing overlapping dates. I don't see any duplicates in the final result.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie can comment on the import method changes.

I am glad you did not get duplicates with overlapping dates. I read here some users got duplicates as they changed Mint transactions by splitting or changing dates.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.