Viewing split transactions

Options
Sheri
Sheri Member
edited February 23 in Managing Your Transactions

When I split a transaction, i.e. categories of purchases at Costco, I can't see the individual categories by line. I only see the original transaction with —split transaction— in the category. In Mint, we could see each category with the amount of the purchase. Has anyone noticed that you can't see your split transactions or am I doing something wrong?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Lee B
    Lee B Member ✭✭
    Options

@Sheri @UrsulaA @Coach Natalie I would request am enhancement to make Simplilfi splits like Mint did. With a Date for each split (the original date of the transaction can be the default date) and so you can see a separate line item for each split. I understand this may require a data base update, but the Simplifi users will like the ability to see their split items in the 'transaction' list rather than having to click on 'view transaction' to see the split detail. Lee

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a feature request asking for split transactions to be treated as separate transactions. Vote for it.

In Reddit, QuickenLee, moderator of the Simplifi Money sub said split transactions will be redesigned this year. Hopefully that means this feature request gets implemented.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DanzaHawk
    Options

I think I have a request in this vein, but is not the exact same enhancement idea as the full split vote mentioned above. I actually like that it remains 1 transaction, but would still like to see my specific category breakout when viewing the transaction from the category view.

For example, after I split a transaction and assign separate categories and $$ for it:

When I then access, say the "Kids Activities" category view in my Spending Plan, I know the math is only contributing $20 to the view, but it'd be nice to see that presented in some fashion so I don't have to open each split transaction to remind myself what portion of the transaction was split to that category. My thought is to show the split amount in parentheses (or something like that)

For example, this is what I see now when looking at the Kids Activities:

The enhancement idea would be to show something like this instead (see highlighted text):

I would imagine this change is hopefully easier to program than the full transaction split idea. If it already exists, please do point me that way so that I can vote on it!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@DanzaHawk, thanks for posting!

Based on your description, it sounds like you're looking for this existing request instead:

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.