Make releasing Planned Spending funds optional/suppress notifications about closing (edited)

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited February 21 in Feature Requests

Make releasing planned spending funds optional without notifications. This will allow users to compare actual versus actual spending. Keep the tile saying $x left or $x overspent instead of the current setup, where planned spending is made to be equal to actual spending for the month.

If users want to keep using the current outstanding release feature, they can do so. Just do not make this mandatory for everyone as it is now.

Keep the prompt for bills, I want to know if every payment is recorded properly.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    Options

I noticed that releasing planned spending funds is optional already. If the user does not release funds, the notifications will continue to appear the spending plan but not affect anything else like reports. Given this information, the request is then for the option to suppress notifications about closing the spending plan/planned spending section.

Minter 2014-2023

• William K
    William K Member
    edited March 3
    Options

At the end of a month Simplifi asks to release money in categories where the budget was not spent. I did this and noticed that Simplifi reports the money spent in a strange way. For example if my budget for a category is $50 and I spent $0, Simplifi indicates I spent $0 of $0. I feel it would be more useful to state that I spent $0 of $50 to show how I performed to my budget.

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Options

The releasing of the monthly spending under planned spending is optional now. You just need to ignore the prompts from Simplifi to release, which you followed this month. The request below asks to supress the notifications to release so the user continues to see their planned spending amounts, like the $50 you mentioned above for a category.

If your request fits what I requested - which is to suppress notifications to release money in categories in the spending plan and keep the budget amounts saved under planned spending - vote for it using the link above.

[Merged Post]

Minter 2014-2023

• William K
    William K Member
    edited March 3
    Options

UrsulaA,

Thanks! I will try the approach you suggested.

Regards,

Bill

[Merged Post]