CenlarFSB ERROR: We are unable to connect to Cenlar FSB at this time. Care Code: FDP-101

Options
Bill N
Bill N Member

It went pass 2FA and keep showing this error.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Bill N, thanks for posting to the Community!

It looks like Cenlar is managed through Loan Administration, and we've had some longstanding issues connecting to Loan Administration in Quicken Simplifi. When using the option listed as just "Cenlar" in Quicken Simplifi, I receive an FDP-155 error, which confirms that the bank is blocking connection traffic indefinitely or permanently. I'm not sure why the "Cenlar FSB" option is returning a 101 error instead, but a 101 error can also indicate a block. Sadly, I don't think this connection works in Quicken Simplifi.

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• SidKa
    SidKa Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - as you've pointed out, there are 2 Cenlar connections at Simplifi, both of which are not working:

1. "Cenlar" gives an FDP-155 error (link here). This does not even progress to generating an OTP code; fails directly after providing credentials
    2. "Cenlar FSB" gives an FDP-101 error (this thread). This does progress to generating and accepting an OTP code but fails after that

The root of the problem, as I understand it, is that Cenlar has made a conscious decision to block providers that it perceives as being a "competitor" in a broader sense and Intuit is one of them. It's possible that given Simplifi's historical connection with Intuit, the connectivity is blocked for the same reason. However, Plaid does have a connection that works for Cenlar, so we know this is possible.

Given Simplifi's independence from Intuit now, and given that at least one provider has managed to solve the Cenlar connectivity issue, could Simplifi look into this connection one more time? It could be as simple as informing Cenlar of the Simplifi's independence and getting off the block list.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidKa, thanks for posting on this topic!

The only thing was can do from our end is submit an escalation for the 101 error with the "Cenlar FSB" once it's occurred for more than 48 hours. This will allow us to find out for sure if the bank is blocking us. However, I'm definitely thinking that this will be the case since the connection points to Loan Administration. Additionally, if Cenlar doesn't support Intuit, they wouldn't support Quicken since we use Intuit for our aggregation.

https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

I hope this helps clear things up!

-Coach Natalie

• SidKa
    SidKa Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Coach Natalie and understood.

Yes, please escalate and inform us at to what is going with the 101 error for the "Cenlar FSB" connection.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidKa, I can certainly submit an escalation for Cenlar FSB from one of your attempts, but can you go ahead and give it another try so we have a fresh attempt to use, please? I don't want them to kick back the ticket from using an attempt from several days ago.

Please let me know once done. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• SidKa
    SidKa Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I tried Cenlar FSB today and it still does not work. Would appreciate if you could raise the ticket

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidKa, done! I'll let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10787981

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidKa, it looks like they need to schedule a debugging session with you to continue working on this. To request the session, I need the following:

1. Confirm that the email address and phone number listed on your Quicken Simplifi Account are your best contact info.
    2. Provide your general availability over the next few weeks, and please also include your time zone with this.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• SidKa
    SidKa Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Coach Natalie

1. Yes, email and phone number are the best contact
    2. Yes, available generally on weekdays. US ET timezone.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidKa, thanks!

I have requested the session so please be on the lookout for an email from someone in our engineering team with a confirmed date and time.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8998

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidKa, the escalation came back stating that Cenlar FSB is in fact blocking us just like the Cenlar option. So, the block is confirmed.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

• SidKa
    SidKa Member ✭✭
    Options

OK thank you for the update @Coach Natalie. I do want to point out that Cenlar is supported by MX. Simplifi today is exclusively tied to Intuit's OFX, but it may make sense to add more than one data aggregator especially as there will always be some connections that some aggregators are better at than others. Something I would urge you to take to the "higher ups" 😀

This discussion has been closed.