Ability to set a Start Date for Savings Goals even when a 'Saved so far' amount is used (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 17 in Feature Requests

When you create a Savings Goal, there are a couple of places where the last decimal place gets truncated if the cents is a multiple of 10.

Interestingly, if I say that I have already saved some amount when creating the goal, the same field is not truncated.

Also, if I don't set anything for "Saved so far" then I get an option to choose a date that I want to start saving for the goal. If I do enter a value for "Saved so far" then I don't have that option.

It would be helpful to have the ability to choose a start date, especially when the dialog assumes that "Saved so far" does not include the current month (in my experience it almost always does)

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 18
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for posting your suggestions to the Community!

I went ahead and edited this Idea post to cover just one of your requests, as you want to outline and submit just one enhancement request per Idea post in accordance with our guidelines here:

The request that I decided to keep here is for the ability to set a Start Date with a 'Saved so far' amount when creating a Savings Goal. For the issue with the amount being truncated, I'd say this is a bug that needs to be reported separately.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/bug-reports

If you'd prefer to have it as an Idea post for users to vote on the change instead, you certainly can, but it looks like a bug to me. Regardless, we'd want each item you mentioned to be addressed individually.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie