AIG - Valic - Corebridge account not connecting

Options

I can log into my 401k account on the website directly: https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login

I can pull up the AIG/VALIC account on simplifi to attempt to link it to my simplifi account but I repeatedly receive a message indicating "We are unable to connect to AIG Retirement - My Streetscape at this time." This has been occurring all day today.

So far, this has been less efficient than Mint, more buggy than Mint, and more expensive than Mint… I'd greatly appreciate any solutions you can offer.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @pseudophony,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Is this an account you're adding for the first time to your Quicken Simplifi, or was it previously connected, but is now giving you errors?

Usually that error message indicates the financial institution is temporarily throttling traffic, and it often clears up on it's own within 48 hours. I can see the last time you attempted to connect/update the account was yesterday (22 Jan 24). Could you please try again and let us know if the issue persists?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Valic, sold to AIG, which sold to Corebridge. 4 or 5 days ago my Valic account quit connecting. For 2 days my Valic . com gave me a maintenance notice or just did not work. The third day it started work and everything on the page said Corebridge, nothing about Valic, which is the page I had been getting. After several resets of the Valic account on Simplifi, I still could not connect. I called Simplifi support. I worked with the support guy over an hour sending information. Bottom line is Corebridge changed the security or something and Simplifi will have to wait on Corebridge to allow them to connect again. Simplifi group is working as fast as they can to get the connection back.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

More information about Valic Corebridge connection:

Information on third-party vendor security incident

On June 16, Corebridge Financial was made aware by one of our third-party vendors, Pension Benefit Information, LLC (PBI), that they were impacted by the MOVEit file transfer vulnerability that has affected a large number of organizations globally. On June 26, the vendor confirmed that Corebridge customer data in their possession was obtained by an unauthorized party due to the exploitation of that vulnerability. We use PBI’s services to identify otherwise unreported deceased end consumers of our products and services, so we can meet our obligations. The vendor has provided assurances that their instance of the MOVEit vulnerability has been remediated.

Along with PBI and their forensic investigators, we conducted a thorough investigation to determine the scope and nature of personal information involved in the PBI security incident. Individuals whose personal information was affected are being notified and offered complimentary credit monitoring, fraud consultation and identity restoration services.

We take the privacy of our customers’ data very seriously and have taken additional measures to secure our operations and to protect our customers’ data, which includes enhanced fraud monitoring. Corebridge’s own systems and data have not been affected by the MOVEit vulnerability or PBI’s related incident, and we have successfully patched our instances of the MOVEit application in accordance with the latest best practices.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@N4KHQ, thanks for posting on this topic and providing some additional insight!

When viewing your and @pseudophony's connection attempts from our end for AIG Retirement - My Streetscape, I see an FDP-102 error. Is this what you're both seeing as well? What URL do you currently use to sign into the bank's website?

For the FDP-102 error, since it's been occurring for several days, please go ahead and give these steps a try:

1. Make the account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• tar heel_95
    tar heel_95 Member
    Options

I receive this notification when I try to link

We are unable to connect to AIG Retirement - My Streetscape at this time.
    Care Code: FDP-176

• Rjciardo
    Options

I am having the same issue with my Valic account. I was able to add the account when I migrated from Mint, but after the first week or so of Jan 24 could not update… I tried re-setting and now cannot reconnect the account. I am able to sign into the account directly, so I know the login information is correct.

As others have noted Valic is no longer through the AIG portal but now through Corebridge. Simplifi still lists it as Valic-AIG and lists the secure website as: valic.com. The sign-in page for Corebridge is: https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login#/

as also mentioned above. Not sure if this is part of the issue. I don't think so as it has been Corebridge since last year. I am also getting the FDP-176 error.

• kapaoke
    kapaoke Member
    Options

same issue.. what is resolution on it or ETA ?

• kapaoke
    kapaoke Member
    Options

Thank you for suggestion. However step 2 produces exactly same error when trying to connect again

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, when clicking on the URL listed in Quicken Simplifi for "AIG Retirement - My Streetscape", are you all able to click "Login" and then sign into your account? Also, who of you are receiving the FDP-176 error on an existing Quicken Simplifi account versus when attempting to add the account for the first time?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• tar heel_95
    tar heel_95 Member
    Options

When I click on login it tries to login but after a couple minutes of trying it stops and I receive the FDP-176 error. This happens with my established account when trying to reconnect and also when trying to add a new account from scratch after having deleted current accounts. Hope this helps.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

My 4 Valic accounts are manual now and I try to add the account from the dashboard. I type in AIG and select: AIG Retirement - My Streetscape

I get the screen Quicken Simplifi uses Intuit to connect and I hit continue. I hit continue enter my UserID and password and hit Login. After 1 1/4 minutes I get the following:

To connect to AIG Retirement - My Streetscape, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at AIG Retirement - My Streetscape to ensure they are correct.

Care Code: FDP-103 https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs

I'm very careful to enter the correct UserID and password. I have tried my email and password and that does not work either

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies @tar heel_95 & @N4KHQ,

So we can look into this issue further, please provide the following information:

1. How long have you been encountering this FDP-176 error?
    2. What type of account(s) are you trying to add?
    3. What is the account nickname as it appears on the financial institution side?
    4. Have there been any changes to the financial institution website?
    5. Has there been any activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days?
    6. What is the exact URL (web address) you see when you are logged in on the financial institution website?

Note: You can send this information via direct message if you're not comfortable posting it in this thread.

@N4KHQ,

When I check on our end, it looks like the most recent error you received was a FDP-176. Are you still getting FDP-103 errors also, or is that issue resolved?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• tar heel_95
    tar heel_95 Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina

Message sent with information requested. Thanks for investigating.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just tried it got a 103. I still have manual accounts, should I delete the manual Valic accounts?

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @N4KHQ,

No, deleting the manual accounts wouldn't have any impact on your ability to connect.

To troubleshoot the FDP-103 error, please follow these steps, if you haven't done so already:

• Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    • Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    • Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    • Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    • Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

The account is manual so I have to search for the bank. Corebridge brings up nothing. Valic used to work, I think, but does not find anything now. AIG finds "AIG Retirement - My Streetscape" with the following url;

https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs
    I enter my username and password still in Simplifi and get the 103 error returned.

The Corebrige url above has a login button with 3 login option. I select plan login and the page changes to:

https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login#/

I enter User Name and Password and login into Valic/AIG.Corebridge or what ever the account is called now and get logged into the account. I think FDP-176 was the error that started my problems. I have changed my username and password at Corebridge site to try and fix the 103 error but is did not help.

• Sean OConnell
    Sean OConnell Member
    edited February 5
    Options

So Quicken… what is the solution for this? I too am getting the FDP-176 error. Do we have a time frame to get this resolved?

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    Options

I don't think they have a time frame because Valic/AIG/Corebridge had a security breach through a vendor and broke the connection in a fix. It's my opinion the the Simplifi team can do nothing until Valic/AIG/Corebridge allows connections again. We probably should be asking Valic/AIG/Corebridge for a time frame. I think @Coach Kristina was trying to help my situation, I'm getting a credentials 103 error with credentials that work for signing into Valic/AIG/Corebridge. It may be because I changed credentials at Valic/AIG/Corebridge when I was having 176 errors.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, please go ahead and contact our Support Team directly for more advanced troubleshooting on this issue and so each of your individual cases can be reviewed for escalation. Some details you can provide are:

1. If this account was previously connected in Quicken Simplifi, which specific bank option it was connected to.
    2. The specific error you're receiving.
    3. The URL you use when signing in on the bank's website.
    4. The type of account(s) you are attempting to connect.

Here's the link for how to contact Support directly: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I will contact support, I am now getting a FDP-176 error. I was getting a 103 error, I checked my credentials and tried multiple times, but at my age who knows.

My Valic/AIG/Corebridge account was working until a few weeks agoI can go but now I get a FDP-176. If I go to:“https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs”and select Login - Plan Participant It takes me to
    “https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login#/“
    and I can login.

When trying to add the account in Simplifi, Simplifi takes me to
    “https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs” which requires me to select login button and Plan Participant from a list.
    After a couple of minutes I get a FDP 176.

I think the problem is the hand off should be to:

“https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login#/“

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Is all Valic users having connection problems? I sent a request for help with error FDP-176 and the url “https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login#/“. When searching for an account and you come up blank Simplifi offers an option to Send request. Your developers a really top notch.

The only way to find a connection for Valic/AIG/Corebridge is to search for AIG and select "AIG Retirement - My Streetscape". This enters the url (“https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs”) for a main page with a login button and three types of logins. Simplifi times out and I can not connect. It appears to me that Simplifi should be giving the url (“https://myaccount.valic.com/auth/public/login#/“) which requests the login credentials.

• Coach Kristina
    edited February 13
    Options

Thank you for your reply @N4KHQ,

The URL you see on the Add Account screen is the homepage URL, which isn't the same as the URL Quicken Simplifi uses to connect. When I check our FIDIR listing, it does show the correct URL for getting to the page that asks for login credentials.

Also, you should be receiving an update from Support soon, so please keep an eye on your messages in the Help Center.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Is Corebridge data breach problem fix that broke connect for a problem all Valic users or just the users before Valic sold to AIG?

• Sean OConnell
    Sean OConnell Member
    edited February 23
    Options

A month in, is there an update in regards to a resolution for this issue?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Sean OConnell, thanks for posting on this topic!

It looks like we had users contact Support directly to report this issue. Have you had a chance to do so? If so, I'd suggest reaching back out via the original chat in the Help Center to inquire about any updates. I haven't heard anything regarding this issue, so I'm not sure what the status is.

Feel free to let us know how things go with Support in case it helps other users.

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Options

I chatted with support today. They looked at my Simplifi log log twice in the past and said today to contact Corebridge. I got Corebridge customer support and the gal had never heard of Simplifi. I told her Quicken which she recognized it but could not help. I asked for web support and she said she did not have a department that could help and I should contact Quicken. When trying to connect previously, I had been getting a timeout error. Now Simplifi tells me I am already connected. I deleted the manual accounts but still got the already connected. It looks like Simplifi is telling me I am already connected.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @N4KHQ,

Thanks for the update! I would suggest reaching back out to support directly with your findings, so they may determine the next troubleshooting steps for your issue. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support
    Thanks,

Coach Jon

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have sent support logs from Simplifi twice and they have checked but to today they suggested I contact Corebridge. Customer Service at Corebridge had never heard of Simplifi so I told her Quicken. I asked to be connected to web support and after a few minutes she came back and told me there was a not department she could transfer me too and I should contact quicken. For weeks I have been getting a time out error but today Simplifi started telling me the accounts were already added. The accounts were manual so I deleted them but it did not fix the problem. Don't know if it is connected but my iPhone app is showing most accounts twice and had tripled my net worth.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Check with Simplifi support again yesterday. Sent them another log and several screen shots. The case and been escalated again. They are contacting CoreBridge and can't give a date as to when the issue will be fixed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.