Notifications problem

Options
llamafilm
llamafilm Member
edited March 1 in Report a Bug

Sometimes I get notifications within the iOS app that don’t link to the right place. For example today I got one saying “Bill presentment: new bill arrived” from the water district. When I click on that text, it takes me to the All Transactions page which does not show this bill anywhere. This is confusing.

Comments

• llamafilm
    llamafilm Member
    Options

As another example, there is a notification about uncategorized transactions. This links to a view of all transactions, organized by category, and it’s very hard to find the uncategorized ones here. I have to scroll all the way to the right to choose “Everything else” and then hunt for it in the list.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @llamafilm,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and letting us know about this issue! Has it been behaving this way since day 1 for your, or did it just recently start behaving this way? If it just recently started, do you recall roughly when? Does this happen only with mobile notifications, or do you also see this with emailed notifications for the Quicken Simplifi Web app? Are you able to provide screenshots (with personal information redacted) of the notification you receive and the screen it takes you to in the Quicken Simplifi app?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• llamafilm
    llamafilm Member
    edited January 29
    Options

It’s been like this since I first started using this app a few weeks ago. Here’s a screenshot of one notification and the screen it links to. I have all email notifications disabled

[edited images to reduce size]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@llamafilm, thanks for confirming!

When testing this with some of my Notifications on the Web App as well, I'm not sure that these are designed to drill down the way you'd expect or would like to see. I clicked on a "New Bill" Notification and it took me nowhere, I clicked on a "Bill Paid" Notification and was redirected to the Transactions view (I think I'd personally prefer to be redirected to Bills & Payments for both of these items like it looks like the Mobile App does), and I clicked on an "Uncategorized Transaction" Notification and was redirected to the Spending Report that was not drilled down in any way.

With that, I think our best bet would be to create Idea posts requesting specific functionality for these particular Notifications. I'm not sure why they added drill-down abilities for some Notifications and not others (I see that Watchlist and Savings Goals Notifications drill down when clicked on), but I think rallying some votes for this would be a great start. I'd suggest submitting a separate Idea post for each individual Notification and outline what you'd like to happen when clicking on that Notification.

We look forward to seeing your requests!

-Coach Natalie

• llamafilm
    llamafilm Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie thanks for confirming. As a customer, I feel like I've already made enough of an effort in reporting this, and you now have enough information to escalate the issue to engineering. It's not my job to improve your product.

• iakoubtchik
    iakoubtchik Member
    Options

I can also confirm, most push notifications are extremely confusing and wasteful. They don't actually take you to the sections they reference.

This discussion has been closed.