Brokerage account balance not updating in the Balances tab or Accounts List

Options
System
System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Manual Investment Account Balance is 0 in the Accounts List (edited).

Comments

• Adam_S
    Options

Natalie,

I am seeing a similar condition with "connected" investments. I have a brokerage account that is updated in the Portfolio tab, but the Balances Tab and Dashboard show the old total. What is the trigger for the Dashboard and Balances tab to be updated in line with the Portfolio Tab?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Adam_S, thanks for reaching out!

The balance in the Accounts List for connected investment accounts should match the bank; the Market Value in the Investments Portfolio is based on the holdings data: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5167335-how-do-my-investment-balances-update

With that, if you're only seeing the balance issue in the Accounts List, I'd suggest disconnecting and reconnecting to the bank to see if doing so clears things up for you:

1. Make all of your accounts with th bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists, please post back with additional details, such as what bank it is. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Adam_S
    Options

Coach N,

Let me try to be more specific. I have a Fidelity Brokerage Account that is connected to my account. When I refresh or reset the connection, the total value of my account will show up accurately in the Portfolio Tab (only). On the Dashboard entry and on the Balances Tab (next to Portfolio Tab) the total is wrong. Those two values never update or reflect the current value. I was thinking it may be an end-of-day thing or next-day thing, but the two totals on the Dashboard and Balances tab have never been correct.

I set the account to manual, then reconnected thru Add Account, and the same values populate in the same locations. The oddest thing is the Portfolio tab has the correct holdings and total, yet the Dashboard total and Balances total (Balance today) are incorrect still.

So the correct data is coming from Fidelity, but for some reason are now showing up correctly in those two locations. So my Dashboard is off and my Investment Balances are off.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The Portfolio tab bases the value off of the market value, which is the value of holdings based on the most recent quote. The quote information is not reliant on the financial institution. The balance on your Dashboard and on the Balances tab do rely on successful aggregation of the account.

With the API Fidelity uses to connect, there is some delay in when balances update, click this link for more information. Is the difference you are seeing between the balances reflecting in Quicken Simplifi and Fidelity due to pending transactions? If that is the case, then once the transactions post, you should see the balances in Quicken Simplifi update after about 24 hours.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Smile and Dance
    Options

It would be a really great feature to add an option to use investment “holdings” and current quotes instead of delayed “balances” for the Accounts view. Kind on like the “Bank Balance” vs “Balance with Pending” radio button under the “Select Balance Type” setting. Empower seems to use the value of holdings with current quotes for their Net Worth view, which makes the report more timely. I prefer that approach.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Smile and Dance,

Thank you for providing your feedback. If that is a feature you'd like to see in the future, I would recommend submitting that comment as an Idea post. Idea posts that get enough votes may be implemented in the future. For instructions on creating an Idea post, please use this link:

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.