Watchlist not showing transaction totals

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited March 1 in Report a Bug

Ihave a watch list created to monitor expenses for lawn care and snow removal. In January I spent $225 in this category but the watchlist shows I spent nothing, even though all the transactions are listed in the table

Thisis the only watchlist I have that exhibits this. Using latest mobile app on Android. Also seeing it on the web app.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp

From your screenshot, looks like the transactions are hidden from reports with the eye icon?

Can you unhide them and then see what happens?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Yep turning off ignore from reports caused them to show up properly.

I have them excluded because this category is also included in a Savings Goal, so I don't want them to be double counted as having spent the money in both the goal and then again as an actual transaction.

Not sure I'm a fan of a Watchlist being considered a report. It serves a very different function than reports, and even provides real-time feedback based on how you are doing with the watchlist. Still seems like a bug.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for explaining your reasoning. If you keep the expenses excluded from the spending plan, you should be OK.

From the help text, watchlists and reports work with the same exclusion settings.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue but in my case it's not due to exclusion/hiding settings. Any Watchlist that I create lists the relevant transactions in the table but shows $0 of spending. I have a similar issue with my Spending Plan.

Screenshots and full details are set forth in my post below. I'm just noting it again here in case anyone comes across this thread and has the same issue. For me, it has been this way since I signed up for Simplifi a few months ago, with a couple of escalations to customer support but still no resolution or explanation for why this is happening. It's frustrating that I simply can't use one of Simplifi's signature features.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, we have an Idea post requesting the ability to exclude accounts and transactions from Watchlists without also excluding them from Reports that you may be interested in checking out:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.