Displaying how accounts show

Options
TimS
TimS Member
edited March 1 in Getting Started

I have recently moved from Mint to Simpli. It imported my transactions, which I'm grateful for, but it creates clutter when I look at my accounts. Is there a way to move all the imported accounts so they show at the bottom and only the activity since the imports are at the top?

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

Can you clarify if the imported accounts are closed or is the imported data saved in an existing account?

If the former, you can mark the accounts as closed in Simplifi under Settings>Accounts. Once this step is done, you can hide the accounts from the account list and you will not see the transactions anymore unless you unhide the accounts. Note that once an account is closed, you cannot add transactions to it.

More info: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5149428-marking-accounts-as-closed

If the data is saved in an existing account, a date sort will help. You can sort by date by clicking on the date column.

You can also use the transactional data limits from the transaction list to reduce the number of viewed transactions.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• TimS
    TimS Member
    Options

I imported history from Mint and also set up the link to banks/credit cards so I could receive updated information. On the left side of the page (under Net Worth), I see FreePlus Checking, my current info, and FreePlus Checking(Imported), the history. I'm seeing that repeated for every account. While I want access to the history, it's less important to me than the current activity. Is there a way to group all the imported items at the bottom of the list, or can the imported and current information be consolidated, history, and new together?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

When you imported, did you link the manual accounts with imported data with the connected accounts? Looks like Simplifi created duplicate accounts for you.

There are some options:

1. Move the imported accounts with history to the bottom of the display

Classify the imported accounts as Other banking, Other credit, Other Investment as needed.

Edit Bank Account Type
    1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Account you'd like to edit and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Edit account.
    5. Select the desired Type.
    6. Click Update when done.

2. Requires more work, suggested if option above does not change your display as you need.

If you have not done a lot of work with your connected accounts (new data), complete the following steps.

Delete the connected accounts and institutions. Example FreePlus Checking

Re-connect the accounts and follow the steps below to combine the connected accounts with the imported accounts, with imported in the name.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts#h_1e4aff1120

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

Unfortunately, two accounts cannot be merged in Simplifi.

You can also create an Idea post requesting the ability to merge accounts in Quicken Simplifi so other users can vote on it and Simplifi's product team can review it:

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.