Marcus by Goldman Sachs FDP-102 Error (edited)

Options

Repeatedly receiving this error. Attempted to reset connection with same result.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a Marcus customer, I am connected. When the reset did not work, I tried the following:

Make the account manual

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Account you'd like to make 'manual' and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Make manual.
    5. Click Make Manual to confirm.

Delete the institution - in your case Marcus

Add the institution again

Make the manual account connected to Marcus

1. Go through the Add Account flow and connect to the bank by following the steps here.
    2. When the list of accounts is presented from the bank, carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

More info: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5321064-how-to-make-an-account-manual

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• justlen
    Options

That didn't solve the issue, same error. And now the existing account is manual.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

Try reconnecting later, after a few hours. When this error happened to me about a month ago, I was able to make the account connect in 4 or 5 hours. It is frustrating to deal with this, I get it.

Minter 2014-2023

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same error with Marcus account today after having no issues for several weeks.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bookmarked the alert above.

Minter 2014-2023

• MrRobot
    MrRobot Member
    edited February 4
    Options

Most of my money is in Marcus. The persistence of this error will make the Simpli app useless to me.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I understand. Marcus is the only bank I use that does not provide transaction downloads via CSV or other formats.

Minter 2014-2023

• mjs560
    Options

I am currently experiencing the connection issue message below. I searched the forum and multiple Simplifi users experiencing the same connection issue. Is Simplifi working on this issue?

We are unable to connect to Marcus By Goldman Sachs at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• juuull
    juuull Member
    edited February 6
    Options

I bookmarked the alert when it was posted on 2/1 but still no updates as of 2/6. As a new Simplifi user coming from Mint, it would ease my frustration to have a sense of how long resolving these issues usually take. When I was using Mint, connection issues were typically resolved within 24-48 hours. I'm not necessarily imposing these timelines on Simplifi, but the lack of communication and updates so far leads me to think the company isn't taking this issue seriously and thinking about the severe usability impact this has on users, many of whom are new sign-ups from Mint and hoping Simplifi will be a reliable alternative.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

I engaged in a chat support session with Marcus by Goldman Sachs asking about Quicken Simplifi and aggregator support. Below is the representative's (Ellie is the rep's name) reply:

"I would be happy to provide some insight! I'm sorry, but we do not currently offer the ability to link your Marcus deposit account to external services that aggregate transactions.

Although you may have been able to link previously, we don't support these products. Any updates to Quicken or Marcus are likely to interrupt the ability to link."

When I asked her for the ability to download CSV files from the Marcus website, she reiterated the lack of support for aggregators.

"We do not currently offer the ability to link your Marcus deposit account to external services that aggregate transactions at this time."

Regarding CSV download from the Marcus site, Ellie said

"Thank you for your patience. At this time, we do not offer the feature to download transactions in CSV.

But thank you for your suggestions. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department for consideration."

Getting my mind around tracking this one manually for the foreseeable future. Hope Ellie is wrong.

Minter 2014-2023

• juuull
    juuull Member
    Options

Thanks for going the extra mile to research this @UrsulaA

If Ellie is right, then Simplifi should let its users who bookmarked the issue know that integration with Marcus is impossible (for now) so we can move on to alternatives whether that's manual tracking or something else.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe Ellie was wrong, I reconnected to Marcus just now. I linked my manual account to the connected account. Let's see if the connection sticks.

Minter 2014-2023

• tar heel_95
    tar heel_95 Member
    Options

It is connecting for me as of this evening as well. Thanks for getting this resolved.

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    Options

I am connected too now 😀. I doubt that any customer service reps taking calls at the bank would know anything about bank’s work with aggregators like Simplifi.

• Blockman
    Blockman Member
    Options

😀My Marcus account now connects. Let's hope it stays that way.

• juuull
    juuull Member
    Options

I'm connected as well! 😁

This discussion has been closed.