Mobile Receipt Scanning/Upload

Options
aastol
aastol Member
edited March 1 in Feedback

Please add the ability to scan receipts and attach them to transactions directly within the mobile app. That would make using the attachments feature more convenient and would make the process of attaching receipts more straightforward and streamlined. Thank you!

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@aastol

Are you specifically asking for receipt scanning with some sort of a scanning device vs. just talking a photo of the receipt with your mobile device? Talking a photo already exists.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • JanU53
    Options

I would like to know if scanning a receipt is possible? Also as you said taking a photo already exists. I can take a photo with my phone but is there a way to pull that photo into Simplifi???

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to take a photo with your phone, open Q-Simplifi mobile app, go to the desired transaction, and at the bottom of the screen you should see an "Attach a file" control. Tapping that should open up a file browser where you can select an import the photo.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ahh, yes, like @ajbopp said, this ability already exists! In the Mobile App, scroll to the bottom of the transaction and click this button. It’s will either let you use your device’s camera to take a picture - OR - to upload a file. It may take a few extra seconds to process, but eventually the recipe photo shows up. Note that if you close the transaction before the photo shows up, it won’t actually save to the transaction.

Since you can upload your own file, I don’t see why you couldn’t scan a receipt. You’d just have to figure out how to connect your stand-alone receipt scanner to your mobile device. Seems to me that doing it from your desktop/laptop computer would be easier for that although there’s no reason you couldn’t do it with your mobile device; with the right combination of cables.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@aastol, thanks for posting your request!

Yes, since the ability to upload photo attachments is already available within the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, can you specify your request, please? Were you unable to find how to do this within the App, or are you looking for something different?

We also have this existing request for iOS specifically:

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Flopbot Dang! I never knew it supported the camera like that. I don't use attachments or the mobile app that much, but I could sense both of those things changing with this knowledge

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.