Savings Goal Included in Savings Plan After Goal Date

Options
tariq13
tariq13 Member

The way my job works, I don't get paid through the summer. I've created a savings plan over the next couple of months to save up money for the summer. My savings plan has a target goal date of May 2024. When looking at my Spending Plan in June, the savings goal is still being deducted. How do I stop the savings plan from deducting from my Spending Plan after the goal date? I've tried using the option to not include it in the Spending Plan, but when you select that it'll remove it from the Spending Plan over the next couple of months when I want it included. Why doesn't the goal date stop the savings goal from deducting from the Spending Plan?

Best Answer

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited February 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @tariq13,

I did some testing and it appears that the date doesn't stop at the target date in the Spending Plan as a way to allow flexibility (in case you have to skip a month, or can't contribute the full amount one month, etc). Once the goal reaches 100%, then it will no longer show on your Spending Plan for future months.

If you would like to see the functionality changed, I would recommend creating an Idea post. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future. Use this link for instructions on creating an Idea post.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

Answers

This discussion has been closed.