TreasuryDirect - ibond & tbond issues (edited)

Options
Nu2Money
Nu2Money Member ✭✭
edited February 9 in Investments

I'm able to link to TreasuryDirect and it's able to find my ibond, however, it only pulls the amounts i've deposited and it doesn't pull its current value or the interest earned. How can I get this fixed?

Comments

• WinstonTeracina
    Options

I had the same experience…..Treasury Direct would connect, but only display the purchased value of the bonds not the current value regardless of whether or not the 3-month interest penalty was applied. Also noticed there was no way to pull in Treasury Direct Paper bonds that were converted. In the end I set this up as a manual account in Simplifi and have resolved to updating the bond values each month

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response. I did this too after I saw that it didn't really work, but figured maybe Simplifi could try and get this fixed since it's not working in a manner that brings value.

• CatBot
    CatBot Member ✭✭
    Options

I ended up deciding to manually manage treasury bonds between weird data pull and the number of requested One Time Passcodes (OTP).

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

This is true. Even with Fidelity, the refreshing of the data is weird.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Nu2Money, thanks for reaching out!

Although I'm not too familiar with ibonds or how they're tracked in Quicken Simplifi, the data in Simplifi should ultimately match the bank's website as far as I'm aware. Our support article here has more details on how investment data is updated in Quicken Simplifi. To get a better understanding of the issue you're experiencing, please provide the following information:

1. Is the balance listed for the account in the Accounts List correct (this is the list of all of your accounts and balances in Quicken Simplifi)?
    2. Is the Portfolio Value in the Investments section for the account correct (if you have multiple investment accounts, please filter the page to just the account in question)?
    3. Do the holdings displayed for the account in Quicken Simplifi match the bank's website? If not, how specifically do they differ?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No.

Like @WinstonTeracina said, Simplify only pulls the purchased amount of the ibonds, and it doesn't pull the amount by which they've increased in value since purchase.

So, if I bought $1k two years ago and it has increased to $1.1k, it'll show the $1k that I bought 1 year ago along with the date of when I bought it, but it won't add the $100 in value that it has grown since the initial purchase.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Nu2Money, thanks for clarifying the issue!

In order to further investigate this, please provide the following details:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi.
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

Once I gather all of the pertinent data from you, I can submit a ticket so our team can research what's going on. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, sent you the info via private DM.

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Nu2Money, thanks for sending the info!

When viewing your screenshots, it looks like you provided a screenshot of the Investment Transactions for the account in Quicken Simplifi. To clarify, Investment Transactions do not impact your Portfolio Value in any way, so these would not be impacting the balance. If you're seeing a discrepancy with the Investment Transactions that downloaded for the account, that would be a separate issue, and you'd want to report it separately accordingly.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6540220-managing-investment-transactions

For the issue with the balance, we need to see a comparison of the holdings, as these are what make up the Portfolio Value in Quicken Simplifi. You can access this page by selecting "Investments" from the left-hand navigation bar, and you'll then want to filter the page to just this investment account.

Also, when viewing the screenshot from the bank's website, it shows an amount of $20,000, which matches Quicken Simplifi, and a Current Value of $22,452.80 — what's the balance/Portfolio Value you expect to see in Quicken Simplifi?

-Coach Natalie

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

Here's the screenshot mimicking yours:

If I click on "Balances" it shows a Balance today of $20.000.

The expected value to see is today's value, of $22,452.80.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Nu2Money, thanks!

It looks like the email address associated with your Community profile is not the same email you used for Quicken Simplifi. To submit this escalation, I'll need the email address associated with your Quicken Simplifi Account — can you DM that to me, please?

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Nu2Money, I'm not seeing an account in your dataset called TREASURY DIRECT IBOND — did you delete the account?

-Coach Natalie

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry. Re-added it.

Without any actions on my end, Simplify kept pinging Treasury Direct every few hours to refresh, Treasury Direct kept sending me a new security code via e-mail as a result, and Simplify kept asking me to enter the security code. I had deleted it because this was distracting.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Nu2Money, gotcha!

I went ahead and got this reported, but we will need you to keep the account added and connected in Quicken Simplifi, or they won't be able to work on the issue. Sorry if the MFA gets annoying in the meantime! Hopefully it's worth it and they're able to get a fix for you. 🙂🤞

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8143

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

Understood. WIll keep it active.

• nicoslo
    nicoslo Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I have I bonds and Treasury bills with TreasuryDirect.

I was able to add the account and it pulled transaction data into the transactions tab but the portfolio and balance are all $0.

Please advise.

edit: while adding the account it prompted for MFA three times and I provided each time

• Greymist
    Options

Instead of total purchase price of i-bonds, I would like to see each i-bond and it's current value in Simplifi.

When adding TD to Simplifi, it only shows a total account balance of $20,000 - instead of 2 separate accounts.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@nicoslo & @Greymist, thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're both seeing this issue in Quicken Simplifi. If either of you would like to be added to the ticket for this issue with ibonds at Treasury Direct, please provide the above-requested info as follows:

2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (the list of all of your accounts and balances in Quicken Simplifi).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have more than one investment account in Quicken Simplifi, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have more than one investment account in Quicken Simplifi, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).

-Coach Natalie

• nicoslo
    nicoslo Member
    Options
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@nicoslo, thanks! You have been added to the ticket.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@nicoslo, I've heard back on the escalation and the issue you're seeing is with Treasury Bills. A scripting ticket has been filed to fix the issue, but still no ETA on a resolution. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything further.

@Nu2Money, our engineering team stated that they believe the issue you're seeing is due to not being prompted or not responding quickly enough to the second OTP request. Can you try updating this account in Quicken Simplifi again and let me know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm experiencing this issue with Treasury Direct as well (the account value in Simplifi is not updated to the current market value in Treasury Direct, plus only I-bond values are being displayed and not T-Bills). Is this a Simplifi-wide issue, or is it an issue for specific individual users? (In other words, do I need to do anything to get myself added to the ticket to fix the issue?) Thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ejs, I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing this issue with TreasuryDirect in Quicken Simplifi!

We can certainly get you added to the ticket as an additional data point, but we need the following info first:

2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (the list of all of your accounts and balances in Quicken Simplifi).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have more than one investment account in Quicken Simplifi, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have more than one investment account in Quicken Simplifi, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie, thank you - I'd be happy to send you the requested info in order to get myself added to the ticket if this is a user-by-user issue that needs to be addressed. But if this is a system-wide issue in how Treasury Direct accounts are treated for all Simplifi users, then I'd rather just disconnect my Treasury Direct account and track it as a manual account until it gets resolved. Is there any way to check if this is a known issue for all Simplifi users? (I suspect it might be, because, unlike most banks or brokerages, Treasury Direct's main landing page upon sign-in displays the original purchase price of the bond holdings rather than the current market value.)

• rajarajan31
    Options

This has been a longtime issue. Even in Mint this was an issue. It would not update the latest amount. I have done as others have and made a manual asset account and set a reminder to update it every 6 mos. I would love for this to work more seamlessly at some point. Will be waiting on seeing if this can be rectified with Treasury Direct.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ejs, I'm not sure if it's a global issue/would receive a global resolution or not. If you'd like, you can just follow along here for updates for now and then go from there. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Treasury Direct connection looks like a site/aggregator issue. I attempted to connect this account via the following (aggregator name in parentheses)

Marcus by Goldman Sachs Insights (Plaid)

Monarch (Plaid and Finicity)

Yodlee Money (Yodlee)

Simplifi (Intuit)

None of the connections stayed connected for me. I never tried to connect Treasury Direct to Mint.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• whyme
    whyme Member
    Options

I am unable to add 3 of my Treasurydirect.gov accounts. I repeatedly receive errors despite putting in the OTP. Sometimes the account name is added but the balance is zero. Fidelity at least is able to download the current value. Each refresh requires an OTP in Fidelity. I just moved to Simplifi and treasurydirect.gov does not appear to be supported. Please include me with updates regarding this problem.

• supr_grobi
    Options

Same here. I-Bonds are actually pulled and displayed but just as original purchase price. T-Bills are not pulled and not displayed. This complicates things as T-Bills need active management (repurchase, etc.).

• MarkD241
    Options

Fidelity(Emoney) works for both T-Bills and Ibonds.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.