How do I import balances for investment accounts that are marked as closed?

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited March 12 in Troubleshooting

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Import Account Balance History not working for Investment Accounts.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

How do I import balances for investment accounts that are marked as closed? I don't see a way to re-open the account temporarily to do the import. Is this feature coming? I'd rather wait until this is possible before creating a manual "History" account for it.

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The feature request to allow re-opening of accounts marked as closed is active.

This means that the request is pending consideration by the product team. Before a request is completed, it goes through the following stages:

In Review

Planned (closed to votes, comments open)

In Progress (closed to votes, comments open)

Completed

The request can also be declined by the product team.

I see from this board that the care team will update status of feature requests periodically. No timelines are provided for completion usually from what I see as a user.

If I want the imported history on Simplifi soon, I will import the sum of all investment account values to a manual history account. It will be easier than creating a manual history account for each closed account if there are many of those.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• danielkeisling
    Options

Thanks for the detailed reply, but my question was meant to be when would it be possible to import account balance histories for closed accounts.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried importing historical balances to a closed account and it is not possible. I believe the account needs to be reopened to allow for balance history import, hence my reply above.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.