Ability to Create Custom Account Types (edited)

Options
alkaboy
alkaboy Member ✭✭✭
edited February 27 in Feature Requests

I would like to be able to add my own custom Account Types to group/categorize my various accounts. For example, I would add "Crypto" or "529 Investment" or "Private Equity Funds" in my specific use case.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe this request covers what you're asking, and it has 89 votes already (should be close to where it's submitted for review):

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@alkaboy, thanks for posting your request to the Community!

To clarify, are you looking for the ability to create custom Investment Account Types, or do you want to see some existing Account Types that are currently missing from Quicken Simplifi be added? If the latter, I'd suggest creating an individual Idea post for each individual Account Type so users can vote on it accordingly, such as the request for an HSA Account Type here, or the request for a Cryptocurrency Account Type here.

Or, if you're looking for something along the lines of what Rob mentioned, we can go ahead and merge this request there and have you vote on the Cryptocurrency Account Type separately since it already exists, but it sounds like you're looking for specific Investment Account Types under the Settings menu that are not there currently.

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie ,

I'm looking to be able to add custom Investment Account Types. Perhaps that can/should be expanded to custom account types across all types of accounts (i.e. not just Investment). But I'm focused on how I have multiple types of accounts that are not captured in the current list of available options. While those include Crypto, HSA, 529… I also have some Non-Traded REIT, Private Equity, etc.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@alkaboy, yes it does help — thanks so much for the reply!

Since you have specific Account Types that are not listed in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest creating an individual request for each Account Type that's missing. This will allow other users to vote on each individual Type and then our product team can get a better idea of how many users have that type of account but aren't able to properly reflect it as such in Quicken Simplifi.

Additionally, since we already have individual requests for some of the Account Types you're looking for, we'd want to continue to keep these items separate. With that, I have gone ahead and moved this to the Feedback section and out of Feature Requests so you can vote on the HSA and Cryptocurrency requests accordingly, and then create individual requests for the rest of your missing Account Types.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

But what if I have "Non-Traded REIT" but maybe only 1% of users have that account type… and like 2 people vote on it? It'll never make its way into the tool. And similarly for any other user who has unique investment types that don't fit a big enough mold to be included in the list or get voted on enough.

Seems far more useful to give the user the ability to add custom account Types, no?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@alkaboy - agreed and upvoted. Let people add their custom account types and hope the requests with common account types get such added to Simplifi (examples 529, HSA)

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present