Closing date for credit cards

Options
Robinthemike
Robinthemike Member
edited March 29 in Feedback

Does anyone know if there is an idea for adding closing dates to credit card accounts? I would like to vote on it if there is one out there.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you mean closing statement dates or closing dates for accounts? There is a related request to provide statement due dates and amounts, which I linked below.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Robinthemike
    Options

I read the discussion but maybe I'm confused with what is being requested.

I use recurring transfers for my credit card (CC) accounts, linked to my checking account, and set the recurring transfer date as the payment due date, this helps me project "cash out" from my checking account in Quicken-S. I've found this to be the best way for me to monitor and project future balances since I use the credit card float method, where I pay last month's CC statement balances with this month's income. To project future balances, I update each CC's account reminder with the amount due for the next event in the recurring series for each CC account. It's by no means a perfect method, but it works for me. I would love to use the spending plan feature, but since I use the "float" method calculations will always be negative.

I think a CC's closing date would be an important data point in calculating CC statement balances in Quicken-S and might help with spending plans for "float" method users.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I apologize, the discussion I linked refers to payment due dates and payment/statement amounts to project cash out as you described above.

Sounds like what you want is the statement closing date, the date when the credit card ends your statement. Credit card closing date made it sound initially like the date you closed the account to no longer use it, which confused me.

In that case, create a new idea for people to vote on it.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.