System Administrator admin
edited April 5 in Troubleshooting

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Cash flow line is very out of date.

Comments

• Graham
    Graham Member
    Options

Hi. Something like this routinely happens to me for one of my checking accounts and I'm pretty sure that it's due to how my bank reports data. My bank presents my checking account's available balance that's inclusive of pending transactions; but, I suspect my bank doesn't allow Simplifi to read/download the pending transactions. Since Simplifi's cash flow report uses the bank's stated balance as well as the reminder transactions (thus some double counting), the cash flow graph/data will be incorrect until certain reminder transaction are accounted for (removed). I just have to wait until Simplifi is able to download the bank's pending transactions; when doing so, Simplifi will remove the reminders as it matches them to their downloaded counterpart. After that, the Simplifi cash flow report/graph should be accurate, at least until it happens again.

Incidentally, I don't know how (or if it's even possible) to manually force a Simplifi reminder transaction to move to the register. If anyone knows how this can be done, please let me know.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"My bank presents my checking account's available balance that's inclusive of pending transactions; but, I suspect my bank doesn't allow Simplifi to read/download the pending transactions"

That is true of Chase when accessed outside of business hours (late evening, early morning, weekends, holidays). You might not notice it unless you enter manual transactions.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Graham You might want to start a separate conversation for your question about "…I don't know how (or if it's even possible) to manually force a Simplifi reminder transaction to move to the register. If anyone knows how this can be done, please let me know." as this is off topic for the current thread.

Off hand, I don't think there is a way to manually force a reminder into an actual transaction in the register. If you start a new conversation with this question you can further clarify what exactly it is you want to do.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Graham,

Thanks for posting to the community. What I would suggest is manually entering the pending transactions, and then link them to the reminder, and that should allow your projected cash flow to be correct. The manually entered transactions will match to the downloaded transactions when they download. Below you will find instructions on how to do these things in these articles.

Here is the article for Adding a Transaction: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-quicken-simplifi#add-a-transaction

Here is the article for Linking Transactions to a Reminder: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders#h_e4557bd16b

Additionally, here is an Idea Post you can vote on for Converting Reminders to Transactions when they occur:

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.