What is the point of Spaces?

Options
srgnesbitt
srgnesbitt Member
edited April 8 in Using Space Sharing

Why can't my wife and I have multiple spaces? Maybe a space where we combine everything, a space specifically for her, or a space specifically for me? Why is there a + button to setup new spaces that does nothing?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Space sharing provides you a way to share your current Simplifi account data with another person (example, spouse, accountant). If you share your space, another person can view it with their own Simplifi login for free.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6443103-how-to-share-your-quicken-simplifi-data

There is an idea post open for users to have multiple spaces. Check it out.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@srgnesbitt ,

@UrsulaA explained it well, but I'll throw in my two cents. As designed, Spaces is really designed for situations where one (1) person needs access to two (2) completely separate - paid - accounts. For example, I'm temporarily taking care of the finances for a parent who was in a accident. I created a separate Simplifi account just for them. With space sharing, I can then easily switch between the two separate accounts without any "bleed over or contamination" between of our finances. When I switch, it's as if I'm working in a completely different app/tab.

Personally, I love Spaces for the situation I find myself in!

However, if you're looking to set up spaces within one account/household, then vote on the idea post above. Right now, Spaces just isn't designed for that.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.