Managing recurring utility bills

Options
hfarris
hfarris Unconfirmed, Member
edited April 19 in Feedback

I’m new to simplifi but coach was unable to help me w my request. I’m looking for a better way to handle recurring utility bills that vary in their amounts each month. The Connect to biller feature does not work w my utility accounts.

Now, I have each utility set as a recurring bill with the monthly amount set at the prior billing amount. Of course the transaction when downloaded from my bank does not match. I must click on the transaction and manually add it to its recurring bill series.

I asked the coach if there was a way to make a rule for a recurring bill payee to match transactions of varying amounts within a given range. Answer: Not at this time. Coach was going to put in a new feature request.

I asked what do others do with their utility bills, do they treat them as “planned spending”? Answer: Boilerplate - utilities are treated as recurring bills despite having to be managed and edited every month and” planned spending” is money I expect to spend and for one time bills.

My idea is to add a feature that 1) alliws us when making a rule for a recurring payer to have it look within a range of amounts to download or 2) change the “amount” field to offer two fields a) a recurring amount, b) a recurring range of amounts

I’m surprised that my request would be considered new but the coach cd not find the thread. So I apologize for posting something that I think prolly has been posted before. Utilities are common to most of us. I have ours on autopay with their companies. The amounts vary. I’d like Simplifi to be able to handle these common bills without requiring me to manually adjust every mo. Thank you for positive comments.

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.