How to import and connect service without duplicate transactions?

Options
Pablo Pennywise
edited April 23 in Getting Started

I've imported accounts from Mint. That works! Then I connect those same banks to Simplifi. That also works! Unfortunately, Simplifi downloads transactions from those banks and results in duplicate entries.

The answers to similar questions say you should manually go thru and delete duplicates. That is tedious and error-prone. Is there any other automated solution to this?

Best Answers

Answers

• Pablo Pennywise
    Options

Thanks for that link. It suggests the opposite of what you did. Import Mint first, then pray Simplifi removes duplicates. But I like your idea better.

5. If you're connecting the accounts you're importing Mint transactions into to the bank in Quicken Simplifi, although Quicken Simplifi should apply a de-duping logic, we have seen users who have still experienced duplicate transactions. To avoid this, we have some suggestions:

a. Import transactions from Mint first, and then connect the accounts to the bank. When transactions are downloaded from the bank, they should match and not duplicate the already imported transactions.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, part b is what I did and worked better

5. b. If you've already connected the accounts to the bank before importing, you'll want to make sure the dates don't overlap in your CSV file. Banks typically provide 90 days of data when first connecting, so be sure to check your Quicken Simplifi account register to confirm the start date of your transactions. You can then filter your Mint export to not download transactions on or after that start date.

Also, watch out for split transactions

Since split transactions are treated as separate transactions in Mint and Quicken Simplifi treats splits as part of a parent transaction, duplicates may occur when importing, as Quicken Simplifi will not match separate transactions to one split transaction. To resolve this, you can either delete the duplicate split transaction in Quicken Simplifi, or you can delete the separate transactions in Mint and then split the transaction in Quicken Simplifi accordingly after it's imported.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.