Report showing current (and anticipated) spending vs. monthly income

Options
santoshamb
santoshamb Member
edited April 30 in Using Reports

Hello,

I would like to have a report showing my current spending + anticipated bills and subtracting this from my monthly salary. I need help figuring out how to do this.

There are three salary payments for my salary. My wife's full salary and my first salary payment occur before the current month, and my second payment occurs in the middle of the month.

Spending should include all transactions on my credit cards, payments from checking accounts, and regular, anticipated bills.

I want to be able to check this report every day and see how much of my monthly budget I've spent.

Thank you!

Ben

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @santoshamb

The best way to do this in Quicken Simplifi is to set up all your income and expenses both recurring fixed and monthly flexible spending in the Spending Plan.

What is the reason for wanting income from the previous month to be counted for the current month?

The goal would be to adjust your plan so that your current month plan includes all income for the current month.

As far as including credit card transactions and payments directly from your checking account this is exactly how Quicken Simplifi's Spending Plan works. As you spend whether using a credit card or checking account payments, these transactions will show up in your Spending Plan either under Bills, Subscriptions, transfers, savings goal contributions or in the Planned Spending section charged against the appropriate Planned Spending category.

Any spending that doesn't match the above will be reported in Other Spending.

It's easy to keep track of where you are by scanning through the various sections of the Spending Plan.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited March 31 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @santoshamb,

To set up your Quicken Simplifi to do what you want (per @DannyB's recommendation), you may find this article on recurring transactions useful. You may also find this article on the Spending Plan useful.

If you prefer a graph of your upcoming transactions, you may find the Bills & Payments section Cash Flow tab useful.

If none of the recommendations match the functionality you're looking for, you can also create an Idea post to request the report you want be added. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future. Click here for instructions on creating an Idea post.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• santoshamb
    santoshamb Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think the Spending Plan feature is what I'm looking for. Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.