Are their account sync conflicts when Quicken Classic & Simplifi are used in 1 household?

Options
Darn4nr
Darn4nr Member
edited April 4 in Troubleshooting

I use simplifi (recently), my wife uses quicken classic (for a long time).

Ever since I signed up she has been getting errors with account connections and I have to continually re-authorize my credit card accounts.

She'd be willing to move to simplify if she could transfer Quicken classic data into simplifi. I noticed that enhancement request has been "in review" since Sept 2022. It's time you do something to either allow co-existence of these 2 quicken products or facilitate easy transfers between them.

Looking forward to hear what can be done about this.

Best Answer

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Darn4nr,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clear up any confusion, the two programs do not intermingle with each other. However, if you both share an account that has an oauth connection, and are connected in both Quicken Simplifi and Quicken Classic, you would have to reauthorize in each program every time one of you updates. That is specifically a limitation on the bank's end.

In the meantime, we do have an idea post that I believe you mentioned, but I will go ahead and post it here as well for other users to find and vote for in case they come across your post.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thereare no inherent conflicts that I am aware of. If there are, they would be on the other side, not Qucken's side.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Darn4nr
    Darn4nr Member
    Options

I'm now getting errors from vanguard specifically calling out a conflict and those accounts are now disconnected not able to be reconnected. Schwab I have to continually login after my wife checks it in quicken. She no longer shares my simplify through her login so 1 acct & login for quicken classic and 1 different account & login for simplify so the OAUTH should not be an issue.

Anyway, this experience is so much worse than Mint I'll probably cancel and find a better solution as I'm of the opinion if quicken has 2 solutions that require access it should still work no matter what the banks say. It looks like a design issue. Especially since both go through Intuit.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 12
    Options

Hello @Darn4nr,

Thanks for your reply! As we stated before, the two programs do not intermingle in any way, so you shouldn't be receiving an error in Quicken Simplifi from your partner checking their account in Quicken Classic. If you still need assistance, could you let us know what specific error you are receiving?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Darn4nr
    Darn4nr Member
    Options

The picture is the one that bothered me.

Later I get this: "We are unable to connect to Vanguard at this time. Please try again later. Care Code: FDP-105" You blame it on congestion management at vanguard however, I never had this issue with Mint. Similar challenges for Schwab which I also saw mentioned in a Nov23 thread. Again none of those challenges arised while using Mint. Maybe it is tim someone at Mint actually reaches out to Vanguard and find what is going on and get this addressed.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Darn4nr,

Thanks for the additional information! To help clarify your situation for us here, could you please let us know if you are signed in using the same banking credentials in both Quicken Simplifi and Quicken Classic? Additionally, are you and your partner Space Sharing in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Darn4nr I've used both for some time and use the same credentials to sign in to the banks. I haven't noticed any particular problems though I don't use Vanguard, so it's possible, there's a problem there.

One problem I had was my main checking account ( a local bank that uses Netteller) not updating in the first program I updated in the early morning. It didn't give an error; just didn't download new transactions. It would in Simplifi after not doing so in Quicken or if I started in Simplifi, it wouldn't in Simplifi but would in Quicken. The next time (four hours later, it would).

I started logging into the bank site first and that solved the problem. So yes, some times weird things happen.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Darn4nr
    Darn4nr Member
    Options

We stopped sharing anything between simplifi and quicken (removed the sharing from simplifi and use different logins) but we still have the issues that started right after I did share access the initial mistake of failed syncs everywhere.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Darn4nr,

Thanks for the information. I'd suggest making sure that sharing has been removed under your Settings, and that you are accessing the primary dataset in Quicken Simplifi, not the shared one. You can then make the accounts manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts for a nice fresh connection!

Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.