Empty Register with PayPal Credit Card (edited)

Options
Phogramity
Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­

My PayPal credit account still does not display any transactions. I do not believe the issue in the link below is resolved.

Ā«1

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Paypal cashback mastercard credit card is working for me. As a first step, I would try resetting the connection, to do this go to settingsā†’accounts select the bank (not account) name and the three dot menu next to that select reset connection.

I occasionally have an issue with that card where a transaction here and there might not clear (it will be matched/downloaded from the bank, but pending when it's cleared at the bank).

-Rob

ā€”
    Rob Wilkens

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

I have already tried resetting the connection and the connection is new. I only set up my PayPal Credit account in Simplifi this past week once we were notified that it should be working again. The balance appears appropriately. However, the issue is that zero transactions appear, not that some transactions appear and some do not. My transaction history is blank.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

One other idea (where I messed up setting it up initially), when you pair that account (when resetting) PayPal has at least two accounts to pair, One is your PayPal account (not your credit card account), and the other is your credit card account. It's a little hard to tell them apart, but the non-credit-card account only shows the last 1 digit (on mine) whereas the credit card account shows the last 4 digits, Just make sure the right one is linked to your account.

ā€”
    Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Phogramity,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that no transactions downloaded in your PayPal credit card account in Simplifi.

In order to escalate this, please provide the following information:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    3. A screenshot of the missing example transactions from the bank's website.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, please feel free to send it via a DM to me here in the Community.

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie, I'll send you a DM. The transactions in PayPal Credit still do not appear.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Phogramity,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to save the screenshots from your PDF, and when screenshotting them myself, they come through really blurry. So, please provide a replacement screenshot of the following information as just a screenshot and not attached in a PDF:

1. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    2. A screenshot of the missing example transactions from the bank's website.

This would include the first and third screenshots that are attached in the PDF you provided; we don't need to see the Simplifi account setup or any of the other info that was provided. Once I obtain these fresh screenshots from you, I'll get everything submitted. šŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    edited September 2023
    Options

Request for item number 1.

[removed screenshot for privacy]

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    edited September 2023
    Options

Item 2

Moved to message. I thought that's where you responded to me.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Phogramity,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

Additionally, aside from providing private details, we don't correspond via DM here in the Community. I removed your private screenshot above, however, the main discussion will continue to take place in this thread. If you'd like to proceed with this issue privately, our Chat Support Team would be happy to help (the ticket number for your escalation is listed below).

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10458546

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Phogramity,

Can you give this another try, please? Since the account has an empty register, you may consider just deleting and re-adding it for a fresh connection. šŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie I've already tried deleting/readding this account multiple times.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, understood, however, the escalation from last week came back this morning asking that you give it another try, so we'd like to have you do so again.

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I see that your PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto connection is in a 103 state, which indicates invalid credentials. Are you unable to connect the account currently?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie I updated the connection (this also happens frequently). No transactions appear despite the update.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @Phogramity!

I went ahead and got this escalated using a different route, and will let you know when I hear back. šŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

CTP-7679

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

I am also still experiencing this issue.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, your escalation is still being worked on. šŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, thanks for your patience as this issue is being worked on!

We've received an update on the escalation, and apparently there's been a layout change for PayPal credit card transactions, so they're working on updating the flow. They asked that we advise you of this, however, they did also want you to give this another try in Quicken Simplifi. You can either delete/re-add the account, or just try updating it and/or resetting the connection.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie, neither an account resent nor a delete/re-add worked. I tried resetting the connection yesterday and no transactions populated. Today, I deleted the account and the re-added and that also did not result in any transactions populating.

• Dillon
    Dillon Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

I just recently joined Simplifi, but am seeing this as well. Paypal Credit (synchrony, not Mastercard) account is not showing any transactions, but it is showing my balance. All of my transactions are listed under my regular Paypal "Cash & Checking" account. This, I assume, is causing my payments no to map correctly from bank account to Paypal Credit. And are just being marked as "Credit Card Payment" rather than Transfer.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, thanks for giving that a try! I let them know that the issue is still occurring, and I will post back upon receiving the next update. šŸ™‚

@Dillon, please provide some additional details, such as whether the balance is correct on the account in question, and maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing in Quicken Simplifi. Have you tried resetting the connection, deleting and re-adding the account, or taken a look at the troubleshooting steps for missing transactions, by chance?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Also, I believe it is standard for PayPal to also download the credit card transactions into the regular PayPal account. There has been lots of other discussions regarding this here in the Community, and we also have some Idea posts:

But the transactions should not be missing from the credit card account. If you see them on the bank's website when selecting the credit card account, they should be downloading into Quicken Simplifi in that account, so we definitely want to take a closer look at that.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Dillon
    Dillon Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie My screen looks similar to the one posted above my initial comment. I am seeing the balance correctly however, and it is updating properly as well. But the transactions are showing the same blank state as the above screen shot. I do not have any filters set and I've clicked the "Reset Filters" button.

I've set all my Paypal Checking account transactions to be excluded from reports and spending plans as I only use it as an intermediary and yes, all transactions are essentially duplicates. And this does include my Paypal Credit transactions/payments that I see in the Paypal Checking account, but are not shown (duplicated) under the Paypal Credit account.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the account, but am getting the same result unfortunately.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Dillon, thanks for confirming the details!

I'd like to get you added to the existing ticket for this issue. To do so, please provide the following additional information:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    3. A screenshot of the missing example transactions from the bank's website.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, feel free to send it via a DM to me here in the Community.

-Coach Natalie

• Dillon
    Dillon Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie Sent the requested information through DM. On another note, I just realized that MINT used to update these transactions, but doesn't seem to be bringing them in since Feb of this year.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Dillon, thanks! You have been added.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, thank you for your continued patience!

We need to gather some fresh examples from you for the escalation. Please provide the following info:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 5 new transactions that are missing for this account in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the missing example transactions from the bank's website.
    3. A fresh screenshot of your empty register for this account in Quicken Simplifi.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie, let me know if you need anything else.

• Johnnycees
    Options

Subscribed as Iā€™m experiencing the same issue.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Johnnycees, thanks for posting on this topic!

Please provide some additional details, such as whether the balance is correct on the account in question, if you're also seeing a completely empty register in Quicken Simplifi, or maybe provide a screenshot of what you're seeing. Have you tried resetting the connection, deleting and re-adding the account, or taken a look at the troubleshooting steps for missing transactions, by chance?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

@Coach Natalie, are there any updates on the PayPal Credit situation?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, no update yet. I'll let you know as soon as there is one. šŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.