editing a recurring series does not update any future reminders in spending plans

Options
bling
bling Member
edited April 9 in Report a Bug

basically, let's say i create a new recurring series, and it's included in my spending plan. if i edit the series and mark it as excluded from my spending plan, it does not change any of the reminders in all future spending plan months. expectation is that all future months should be updated to the series configuration, but they do not.

here are 2 prior bug reports:

in both instances, the "fix" was to delete the series are start over.

i found a slightly better workaround. edit your series to the way you want. delete the series (which will also delete all the future reminders). wait for the popup at the bottom, undo the deletion. this will recreate all the future reminders with the correct configuration.

unfortunately…this will also unlink all old transactions. so it's not a true "undo" either.

i guess, pick and choose your poison.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.