Accounts not refreshing on Finicity (edited)

Options
A Deutscher
A Deutscher Member ✭✭
edited April 30 in Troubleshooting

None of my accounts have refreshed since April 11th. I click on the manual refresh button, it spins for a few minutes, then stops. I don't get an error message, but I am not getting any new transactions since that date.

Comments

• Khowell
    Khowell Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @A Deutscher and @Khowell,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify your situation, are you using the Mobile Application or Web application for Quicken Simplifi? What Accounts/Banks are affected? Have you tried Resetting your Account connections in Quicken Simplifi? Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon

I have tried both web and mobile app. I have not reset connections because it is nearly every bank/credit card that I have available - Wells Fargo Checking, Savings, Credit Card, Chase Credit Cards, Discover Credit Card. I don't believe it is an issue with the accounts itself, it seems to be an issue with Finicity pulling the data.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @A Deutscher,

Thanks for the information. I would suggest signing out and signing back into the program itself on both devices to see if it lets you refresh afterward. Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon

Signed out of both simultaneously - did not help when I signed back in.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @A Deutscher,

Thanks for your reply! I would suggest that you Reset your Account connections for each bank then, and then contact support directly if it still does not work for more advanced troubleshooting. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @A Deutscher,

Following up on this issue, we have created an alert for this as this is now a known issue. If resetting the connections does not work, you can follow this alert for updates on the issue:

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

It's been a week since users on the Finicity aggregation platform have not been able to obtain updated account balances or downloaded transaction data. Is there an update you can provide or a potential resolution date? Can you provide any rationale as to why Quicken Simplify uses two different aggregation platforms, especially when only a comparatively few users have been assigned to the Finicity platform? In addition, Finicity does not provide access to as many financial institutions/accounts as Intuit (i.e., Marcus by Goldman Sachs, Apple Card are not supported by Finicity). Is there a way that I can switch to the Intuit platform?

• dog whisperer
    dog whisperer Member
    Options

I also find this concerning that for a paid service there is no resolution in sight which is unusual circumstance with what actually happens in the backend. Lack of transparency doesnt help you here.

As this keeps going we will hit the end of the month and we wont be able to reconcile transactions and adjust budgets or rollovers. This will mess with future budgets.

Looking for a more concrete ETA or explanation than we dont know….

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out to let us know about this issue!

We don't have any further insight to provide on the known issue with Finicity, nor do we have an update to provide as of yet. We also don't have a way to switch you from Finicity to Intuit, but I am trying to get things pushed along from our end. To help show our engineering team the impact this is having on our users, we need to add additional examples to the ticket. If you'd like to help us out with this, please provide the following info:

1. The name(s) of the bank(s) the issue is occurring with.
    2. The name(s) of the account(s) the issue is occurring with.
    3. A few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi with the Date, Payee, and Amount. If the issue is occurring with multiple banks, just a few examples from one account with each bank will suffice. Please also specify which account the transactions belong to.
    4. A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    6. Confirm whether the missing transactions are impacting the balance in Quicken Simplifi or not.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    edited April 23
    Options

I reached out to support yesterday, and they still have no ETA. They have no resolution for us Finicity users either, other than to delete and restart our accounts and essentially "hope we don't get Finicity again".

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 23
    Options

Hey again everyone! Before providing the requested info, we need to be absolutely certain all troubleshooting has been performed. To establish a completely fresh connection with the bank(s), please follow these steps:

1. Make all of the affected accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Navigate to the bank's website and remove Quicken's access.
    3. Go back to Quicken Simplifi and you will see your account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts. Go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    4. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how this works for you all!

@A Deutscher, as of this morning, we need to add additional examples to the ticket. Would you like to participate by providing the info requested above after following the troubleshooting steps?

-Coach Natalie

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

Natalie - I previously provided examples of my Chase banking account and my American Express credit card account not updating when I opened my support ticket. The coach I was working with wanted me to screen shot every account and nI was not about to upload screen shots of my 20 different personal accounts. Nevertheless, I agreed to include a couple of screenshots of my Simplifi screens and my bank/credit card screens for comparison. As you suggested, I also took all my accounts manual and then added them back to no avail. I wouldn't keep suggesting that to other Finicity users since it clearly has no impact and doesn't resolve the issue. Please note that the issue impacts every one my Simplifi accounts, so it is not an issue specific to any one financial institution. Also, when connecting to the institutions, Simplifi does not return any error message, like "we couldn't connect to your accounts." I don't really understand what you mean by, "to help show our engineering team the impact this is having on our users, we need to add additional examples to the ticket." It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if multiple users are informing Simplifi that their Finicity accounts are neither updating balances nor downloading transactions daily that there is an unresolved bug, which prevents the product from working as intended. If users point out to the engineering team a functionality that has stopped working, their response shouldn't be, "we need to see the impact." Do they not understand how the product is supposed to work? Perhaps that was just poor choice of words on your part.

• Crit96
    Crit96 Member
    edited April 23
    Options

I realize that this is a known problem, but it has now been over 10 days and still no resolution in sight. I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. I have multiple banks (including Nationwide banks) and multiple accounts at each bank and none of them are registering any transactions. Nothing in my Simplify account has been updated for 10 days. I am a relatively new user to Simplify and up to now I have been quite pleased for the most part, however, this experience changes that. As much of a [removed - profanity] as it will be for me to switch services, I am not able to continue to be a client if Simplify is not reliable or cannot provide better information/expectations for clients with regards to resolution or alternative options. This needs to get ramped up ASAP. Thank you

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I have also already provided these screenshots and information previously. I agree with the above comments, that it seems ridiculous that people need to continue to provide examples of their banks not working to show your team that it is not working.

• Cosmo Kramer
    Options

This is happening to me too. No transactions downloaded on any account since April 7th. Refreshing accounts does nothing. Mint shut down in December so since then I've been using the product without issues, until now. Get it together Quicken.

• 5thompson
    5thompson Member
    Options

Just an FYI, I tried the approach below, which you suggested on another post, for both my Chase and Amex accounts and it made no difference.

If the affected bank(s) is an OAuth API bank, such as American Express or Chase (the full list of OAuth API banks can be found here), navigate to the bank's website and remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party apps. If the bank is not on the list of OAuth API banks, proceed straight to the next step.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

For anyone experiencing this issue after following the troubleshooting steps listed above (see here), we need the following data so we can review your case for escalation:

1. The name(s) of the bank(s) the issue is occurring with.
    2. The name(s) of the account(s) the issue is occurring with.
    3. A few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi with the Date, Payee, and Amount. If the issue is occurring with multiple banks, just a few examples from one account with each bank will suffice. Please also specify which account the transactions belong to.
    4. Confirm whether the missing transactions are impacting the balance in Quicken Simplifi or not. If they are, we need the balance for the account(s) in Quicken Simplifi, as well as the balance for the account(s) as displayed on the bank's website.

If the issue is occurring with an OAuth API bank, we also need the following screenshots, which can be obtained while following the troubleshooting steps:

1. The bank's Linked Apps page showing that Quicken is not granted access (if an OAuth API bank).
    2. When going through the OAuth flow with the bank, grab a screenshot of each page with private info redacted.
    3. A screenshot of any issues that occur throughout.
    4. Once done, a screenshot of the accounts/financial institutions under Settings > Accounts showing that they are connected with no errors.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am not trying to be difficult here, but I tried the exact steps you suggested with making things manual, removing from the bank website itself, readding and linking and I still am unable to update ANY of my accounts. Do you really need me to provide screenshots from every single account I have? I have 14 different accounts that are on here from 7 different institutions and it is honestly a waste of my time to have to go through and provide all of this data when I am telling you NOTHING. is refreshing, no new data is being gathered, there is an issue with Finicity plain and simple.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    Options

[removed - speculation].

EDIT: It might be nice if Quicken offered the option (or ability) to disconnect all banks, switch to a different (intuit vs. mint) connection service, and allow the accounts to be reconnected.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 24
    Options

@A Deutscher, thanks for the reply and for following the troubleshooting steps!

In order to get your case escalated, we do need the specific data from you, yes. But since you have so many institutions (we'd have to gather the data and submit a separate ticket for each individual institution), feel free to hang back for now as that does sound time-consuming. We have a couple of other Finicity threads (here and here) that I'm working on escalations for, and we eventually won't need any further examples.

I know this issue is frustrating for everyone and I sincerely apologize. We are doing everything we can from our end to push this along and make our product team fully aware of the impact it's having on our users. Fingers crossed for a swift fix!!

-Coach Natalie

• Crit96
    Crit96 Member
    Options

Natalie, my situation is similar to A Duetscher above. I have multiple accounts from multiple banks. It will take me a ridiculous amount of time to provide the information you are requesting. You indicate that you are doing everything you can to get this resolved but it has been nearly two weeks and you still can't get it escalated???? I don't understand. Thank you

• r2d2rice
    Options

I have similar problems to all the above. My accounts from Wells Fargo or my credit account from Citi have not been updated since April 13.

• r2d2rice
    Options

Can I terminate my Simplifi account and open a new one? Will that resolve the problem?

• mtrow28
    mtrow28 Member
    edited April 25
    Options

Followed all the steps, submitted feedback info for a couple accounts, this issue is going on two weeks, I have no new data, basically, the entire reason I chose Simplifi is now null and void, since I have no visuals into my financial data. I'm going to go back and look at [removed], it's more expensive, but if I have to pay for a service, I prefer to pay for a service that actually works.

• A Deutscher
    A Deutscher Member ✭✭
    Options

according to the response I got, it might but you would need to 1. start over completely and 2. get lucky that you do not get reassigned to the finicity aggregator, which seems to be completely random.

• Luke W.
    Luke W. Member
    Options

Agreed. At some point saying "we are not able to provide an update or ETA" becomes unacceptable. Especially after 2 weeks of this being a known issue and the month drawing to a close. I would hope this is one of the top priorities for the engineering/product teams.

• Mercs
    Mercs Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm in the same boat. No new transactions for any accounts both OAuth and non since the 13th. Contacted support and they said they added me to the ticket. Troubleshooting steps didn't work.

• L.Ng86
    L.Ng86 Member
    Options

I'm also facing this current problem… only have Chase accounts (20 different credit cards) and last transactions were posted on April 12th. Tried the troubleshooting steps suggested here but didn't work. Want to add my experiences so they can escalate this issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.