Unable to add Robinhood Spending/Checking Account

Options
ts8
ts8 Member

There seems to currently be no option to add the spending/checking account from Robinhood, only your brokerage account. For me, this breaks the use of the app and doesn't allow me to track the majority of my spending. I'm also bummed I had to sign up and pay the annual fee just to realize this service cannot work for me.

Is there a timeline on this fix? If not I think I need to close my account already :(

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ts8,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm not finding anything from our end stating that Robinhood Spending accounts aren't supported in Quicken Simplifi. The only Robinhood accounts that are listed as unsupported are IRA accounts, which is listed in our Alert here:

If you could please provide some additional details so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

Please let us know so we can best assist you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ts8
    ts8 Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon, when signing up, I was only able to add the brokerage account when I logged into my Robinhood. I've tried again multiple times and each time it said that I had already added all my accounts (like you mentioned earlier, my Roth IRA was not eligible for addition as well).

Yes, there has been activity. No, it is not an external account. To my knowledge it is not a sub-account, it has a routing number and account number. They have not made any changes in recent times.

Thanks for looking into this, I really would benefit from this if it were able to be sorted out.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 13
    Options

@ts8, thanks for the reply!

We can certainly look into escalating this for you to find out what's going on. To do so, we need the following additional info:

1. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    3. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery.
    4. Confirm that you are the owner of the account.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• ts8
    ts8 Member
    Options
    1. Spending
    2. Above
    3. Above
    4. Yes I own the account.

It did not let me submit on the website. So here's everything. This is not an issue on my end, I can assure you that. The software does not support Robinhood spending accounts. If there is a timeline to fix this, I'd love to know, if not, I'd rather cancel my service.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ts8, thank you for providing the requested info!

I went ahead and got this issue escalated and will post back with updates. Fingers crossed that Robinhood Spending accounts aren't unsupported like the IRA ones are!

-Coach Natalie

EWC-11067761

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.