Zillow Integration: Share your feedback here!

Comments

• AriaFI
    AriaFI Member

I’m early access using the Zillow integration. When I click the update value button in the app, it returns the following message: “Market value is the same. No adjustment has been made to your Zillow account.” When I look in the Zillow app there is a 7000 discrepancy. Is there a limit or lag to the update? It has worked previously.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@AriaFI, thanks for letting us know!

I went ahead and merged your post with this feedback post for Zillow, as the issue you're reporting has already been escalated here. We're not sure if the issue is on our end or Zillow's, but we will keep everyone updated here in this thread with any news we learn.

-Coach Natalie

• hjanum
    hjanum Member

First of all, thank you for adding this feature. It is useful if parts of your assets are in real estate even though the Zillow evaluation should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Would it be possible to add a simple percentage ownership to the Zillow evaluation when linking? We own a building 50/50 with another investor, so if I could put 50% ownership effectively cutting the Zillow evaluation in half it would reflect my current equity in the building.

• horlicks
    horlicks Member

hello,

Another bug to report. I had posted about not finding my address. After some back door attempts, I found my address (gave zip code, saw house show up and then added street and then added house number which seems to find it). So, think it’s an issue with how the typeahead filters. However, while it initially shows the Zillow zestimate correctly, it quickly resets to zero (obviously, changes net worth). See image below - numerical value of 0 vs the value on the graph.

• Coach Natalie

@horlicks, thanks for letting us know!

In order to troubleshoot this from our end, we'll need the full address in question. Since this is a public forum, you may be better off reporting the issue in a private session with our Chat or Phone Support. Otherwise, you will need to DM the address to me here in the Community.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• BrashPenguin
    BrashPenguin Member
    edited June 19

It looks like the integration worked, and adjusted the balance, but the value itself is still at $0.00. Maybe it needs a day to be reflected?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited June 19

Hello @BrashPenguin,

Thanks for reaching out! We merged your post with this one so that you could follow the instructions given by @Coach Natalie previously in this thread for the issue you are facing with the balance. These instructions should resolve your issue!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• BrashPenguin
    BrashPenguin Member

Ah. So maybe the downloaded value is still in some erroneous pending state? Which is why it shows as $0.00 when “bank balance” is selected?

Sounds like it’s worth waiting for a fix. :)

• RobD
    RobD Member

What is the ETA for a fix to go in so you can leave accounts set to Bank Balance vs Balance With Pending? I need it set to Bank Balance to get accurate projected cash flow on my accounts but my home shows up with a value of 0.

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone, we created an Alert that you all can follow for updates on the $0 account balance issue when 'Bank Balance' is selected for the Accounts List:

Also, Zillow is out of Early Access and is live for everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• Duke0486
    Duke0486 Member

Just another user reporting that the Zillow update value button doesn't work. When I click the update value button, it returns the following message: “Market value is the same. No adjustment has been made to your Zillow account.” However, the Zillow value for my house has changed at least twice since Simplifi pulled the first (and only, so far) value from Zillow. Please fix!

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie

I never answered your question from June 10th. Yes, I can find my address on Zillow's website. That said, I can not find it when clicking the "Link to Zillow" button in Simplifi.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Duke0486
    Duke0486 Member

6/24/2024 update: the Zillow "update value" button worked today! My home's value in Simplifi now matches what's shown on Zillow. Hoping this is now working for everyone!

• My home value seems to be "stale" as well by at least a few days.

• Stylo
    Stylo Member

still seeing the issue where my property is not showing up in the zillow search window.

Chat support was not able to assist but provided canned response:

"Thank you very much for the patience STYLO, we were checking the situation very carefully and this is a known situation, our next level department is working on the situation in order to fix it as soon as possible, my recommendation for you is check at least one time during the week if the address is available on Simplifi."

• Coach Natalie

@caseychodges, can you DM me the full address you're trying to add, please?

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@Stylo, thank you!

I am also unable to find your address in Quicken Simplifi, though I can find it on Zillow's website. I already have an open ticket for one user whose address we can't find, and I can certainly add you to that ticket. To do so, please provide your logs:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• Duke0486
    Duke0486 Member

7/9/2024 update: unfortunately, the Zillow "update value" button is not working correctly again My
    home's value in Simplifi is stale in comparison with what Zillow is currently showing. I hope this bug is fixed soon!

• Dan6912
    Dan6912 Member

Zillow update works for me!

02024 0709

• Dan6912
    Dan6912 Member

MacBook Air

• Stylo
    Stylo Member

still seeing issues with active home address not showing up in Zillow address integration search bar. Confirmed address is active in Zillow directory

Browser: Chrome

• Coach Natalie

@Stylo, were you able to submit your logs as requested in my latest comment to you?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone! For those of you who'd like to use the 'Bank Balance' option for your Accounts List and had the $0 Zillow balance issue because of it, can you test this again, please? Our product team deployed a fix, but you may need to use the "Update Value" button and actually wait until a value update becomes available before you'll see the correct balance in Quicken Simplifi.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited July 10

@Stylo, thanks!

I got you added to the ticket and will post back here when updates are received. @Flopbot, I will also post back here for yours as well.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-21437

• Dave L
    Dave L Member ✭✭✭

Would love the ability to add an offset (flat number and/or percentage) to Zillow. Zillow is great for keeping up to date, but II find it's about 20% lower than sale prices in my area.

• Duke0486
    Duke0486 Member

8/16/2024 update: I had a stretch in August 2024 where the Zillow "update value" button was correctly matching whatever Zillow showed for my home's value. However the last two days, the Zillow "update value" button won't sync to what Zillow is currently showing.

• Technomutt
    Technomutt Member

Just learned about this feature, and just turned it on! Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are becomming more "Mint like" all the time! (this is a good thing) SO, how about taking it to the next level? Add the ability to tie a Mortgage Account to the house being tracked! I know you don't track mortgage transactions yet, so this is likely far off. But it would be nice to see an "actual" net worth of the home (ie: Zestimate - mortgage balance). Just a thought…

• Thanks for adding this feature. My concern is that I feel that Zestimates are almost always a bit higher than actual realistic market value, at least in my area. Is it possible to add some sort of offset value that we can set to automatically adjust the value returned by Zillow so that it more closely aligns with market value? For instance, I could set an offset of -10% so that every time it updates the value from Zillow it reduces it by 10%. I assume that I could do this manually with a balance adjustment every time it is updated but that sounds tedious and would result in a lot of spikes over time. Thanks!