Zillow Integration: Share your feedback here!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited June 21 in Feedback

Now that Zillow is live for our Early Access users, we want to hear from all of you! The good, the bad, the ugly… let us know what you think!

To learn more about using Zillow, please see our announcement here:

Comments

• minx
    minx Member ✭✭

Yay! Thank you! Curious why we have to update the value manually rather than it being automated?

I'm having renovations done and had been putting those payments into the value of the house (via transfer from bank/credit card to real estate asset). With this integration, I separated the renovations into a separate manual real estate account since Zillow wouldn't have captured the additional space, etc. yet. I tried to transfer the transactions but I got a message that it couldn't be done that way and so I deleted them from the account I linked to Zillow (with the offset of bank or credit card being recategorized as uncategorized which was easy to search for and re-transfer to the manual account that I just created for renovations). Not sure if anyone else has found a better workaround for those situations.

• I noticed that when I updated my existing Real Estate account by integrating with Zillow, it provides an updated value in the specific Real Estate section (as shown by balance adjustment on May 31), but shows up as "0.00" in the Account Summary list on the left hand side of the dashboard. This is the same in the app or browser, even after refreshing.

• minx
    minx Member ✭✭
    edited May 31

I wonder if this has to do with the original setup. I know when I was trying to track my value monthly, putting an initial balance when I manually set up the account resulted in a very weird thing like what you are showing. (There is a post on here somewhere - I'll try to find it and link it for you). So the solution was to create the manual account as zero and then add the initial purchase and/or periodic balance adjustments for it to reflect it correctly. There's a glitch somewhere when you create it manually WITH a starting balance.

Update: I think this was the one I saw awhile back to fix this. This link keeps showing my comment rather than taking you there so look up "Updating the Value of an Asset"

• Coach Natalie

@Bartman682, try changing your Accounts List balance setting to 'Balance with Pending' to see if that fixes things for you.

I saw the same issue and changing this setting fixed the balance immediately! Our product team is aware of this bug and working on it.

Let me know if the workaround works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• swiggity
    swiggity Member

Curious what the reasoning was behind not having zillow sync automatically? If it's a rate limit thing, even a long time period (like once a month) between automatic updates would be better than no automatic updates in my opinion.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, QS Team for the newly added Zillow integration. I made the connection with no problems and my account reflected my current Zillow "Zestimate" is reflected in my home account as expected with the latest adjustment showing in my transaction register.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • kkroeze
    kkroeze Member

This is great! Love to see it!

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭

as everybody mentioned automatic sync is preferred than manual update.

• trd716
    trd716 Member

Linking my existing Real Estate account to Zillow was pretty easy. How will updates on value be represented over the next few months? I see it looks like a new Balance Adjustment transaction was added for me, but the graph is showing adjustments that aren't there? Not sure how to explain..

• horlicks
    horlicks Member

my address doesn’t come up when I type (and says to manually add). It autocompletes on zillow/google, so it’s a standard, recognized address. What gives?

• Aaron V
    Aaron V Member

hi there, Zillow can’t find my address through the mobile app. When I go to Zillow.com it does find my address and my home.

• RLDawg
    RLDawg Member
    edited June 1

The Zillow feature is AWESOME!!!!! Thank you!

However, I have the same issue with one of my properties.

I suggested a while back that that they might look into a way to have us either search or provide the URL to the property which maybe can back them into a search query that will get the result

Or if we can provide the zpid (I assume the field stands for Zillow Property ID)

Examples:

Zpid:
    https://www.zillow.com/homes/999999_zpid/
    Address:
    https://www.zillow.com/homes/99999-N-1st-Dr-UNIT-125,-Phoenix,-AZ-85029_rb

• artymtz
    artymtz Member, Beta Tester

A few issues with dates:

• If I change the Opening Value date it doesn't update the "Market Value" graph to match the new date. It only goes back to 5/24/2024. I wonder if that's when the integration became official.
    • It also doesn't update my net worth past today, would like the ability for it to retroactively reflect on the net worth reports.
    • Ideally, would like to be able to provide a purchase date so that it would set that as the opening date and we could manually input the purchase price (or grab it directly from Zillow).

Another issue: if I change the Opening Value amount and then click the "Update Value" button, it doesn't detect a new value. It pops up a message stating: "Market value is the same. No adjustment has been made to your Zillow account." Even changing the date here to make it seem like an older opening date yields the same result.

+1 on automatic value update. That should really be the low watermark.

Otherwise, great feature! Glad to see this rolling out.

• Coach Natalie

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback thus far!

Since it sounds like quite a few of you would like to see Zillow automatically update, it would be best to have someone create an Idea post requesting it. This will allow us to get a better idea of how many users would like to see this change, and will also allow us to keep everyone informed of any news on the request.

For those of you who can't find their address, we'll need to get that address from you to test from our end. The best way to go about this privately would be to contact Chat or Phone Support directly: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

@artymtz, it sounds like there may be some confusion on using the Net Worth Report — this Report starts tracking balances from the day an account was added, not from the date of a transaction. Therefore, changing the date of a balance adjustment transaction won't impact your historical net worth. If you want to change the historical balances in your Net Worth Report, you may do so by importing your Account Balance History: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8912157-how-to-import-account-balance-history

Along the same lines, backdating a transaction isn't going to make Zillow have an update for you from the last time you connected. If there are no value changes detected with Zillow since the last time you updated, you will receive a message stating such.

We are still working on the visuals, but here's our Web App article for Zillow in case it helps anyone: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/9406300-using-zillow-to-track-real-estate-values

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• minx
    minx Member ✭✭
    edited June 3

Done. I added the new idea for voting. Hopefully I did it correctly.

• IDBudgetGuy
    IDBudgetGuy Member

The Zestimate for my house on Zillow.com is different from the one returned via Simplifi. Is that expected?

• Coach Natalie

@IDBudgetGuy, thanks for posting!

I see a slight difference in value between Quicken Simplifi and Zillow's website as well, but I'm not sure why. I am trying to find out and will post back with any insight I learn!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@IDBudgetGuy, the difference in value has been escalated from our end, but it is most likely a Zillow bug where they're providing an outdated value. At any rate, we are working on getting this fixed!

-Coach Natalie

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭

I've noticed that my property value is also "stale" relative to what Zillow shows on its website. It's a prior value as of a week or so ago. Similar issue?

• Coach Natalie
    edited June 5

@alkaboy, by "stale" do you mean that you just added the account and noticed that it's what Zillow's website showed a week ago, or do you mean that you've also been tracking the value on Zillow since adding the account and there was an update, but Quicken Simplifi is telling u there are no updates? I think either one could be part of the same issue, but I need to understand what you're seeing to know or find out for sure.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭

Just added the account and noticed that it's what Zillow's website showed ~a week ago for zestimate value. I have tried the manual refresh/update on Simplifi and it is saying there is no update in value. So right now, the value doesn't match what is on Zillow's website.

• Coach Natalie

@alkaboy, thanks for confirming!

Yep, that sounds like the same issue. Fingers crossed for a swift fix!

-Coach Natalie

• Hey Natalie, thanks for the consistent product updates here. I always appreciate it. I'm not a homeowner yet, but excited to take advantage of this when this time comes. Is the team working on a Vehicle value tracking feature with Kelly Blue Book or something similar?

• Coach Natalie

@JoshIAllen, thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure where our product team is at with KBB integration, but it is something that's planned. You can follow along with our request for updates:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I too am not finding my address when trying to link to Zillow. However, I have found other addresses for other accounts I have access to and those appear to be working properly for other addresses.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Nsadraz
    Nsadraz Member
    edited June 9

Hi, I am using EA for zillow and have connected my properties. However, in the assets, the properties values show as zero. Somehow even though connected, it's not pulling or showing the values. Please advise.

• Coach Natalie

@Flopbot, are you able to find the address in question on Zillow's website?

@Nsadraz, please see my comment here, as these steps will likely fix your issue:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭

Not sure if this was fixed yet, but I just hit Update value and it pulled in the latest value (whereas before it didn't).

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭

I love the concept of a home value monitoring that is automatically updated in my net worth. (I have been doing this manually by matching the value to Redfin, but Zillow is all right for this purpose.)

Today I find that the home value is different on Zillow.com than it is in Simplifi and yet when I click on "update value" I am presented with a message that the value has not changed. The difference is only about 5K, but different is different. It defeats the point of home value monitoring if it does not change with the source. 😉

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Coach Natalie

@RiversideKid, thanks for the feedback!

For the difference in value/stale value, please see my comment here, as this issue has already been escalated:

-Coach Natalie