Simplifi is overriding rules to create transfers (edited)

jayyan
jayyan Member
edited July 12 in Troubleshooting

I have setup a rule, that if the transaction description contains the word "Autopay", I would like the payee to be "Autopay" and the category to be "Credit Card Payment".

However, when a new transaction comes meeting the condition, it would change the payee to "Autopay" (correctly) but change the category to the account name like "Chase Visa Card".

I believe that there is some logic which kicks in AFTER user's rules are executed, which would use the account names as the category. I understand that those account names are actually sub-categories of Transfer. But I don't want to use those sub-categories. Can I just use Credit Card Payment for all? Can my rule be honored?

Thanks.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@jayyan, thanks for posting to the Community!

Most likely what you're experiencing is that Quicken Simplifi is designed to automatically detect and link Transfers, which is done by changing the Category to the other account. This automatic detection and linking is overriding the original Category. I think your best solution would be to have the ability to disable the automatic linking of Transfers, which is not currently available, but we do have an existing request for it.

If this request works for you, please be sure to add your vote and feedback, and then follow it for updates!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jayyan

I'm just curious about why you want to use the generic "Credit Card Payment" category rather than have the transactions linked between your accounts? How do you track the payment credit transaction in the credit card account if it's not linked to the payment debit transaction in the account you pay out of?

Again, just curious.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.