Saved Filters in Reports and Registers [edited] (2 Merged Vote)

2»

Comments

• cadenza
    cadenza Member
    edited June 19

I'll add my vote for being able to save custom report settings. I'm switching from Quicken Classic to Simplifi and really miss this feature.

• I really need this - I frequently filter the spending report down to specific accounts (credit cards only) and filter out my recurring transactions (typically bills) - this gives me a view of all my families credit card spending for the month…

• DK777
    DK777 Member

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here that this would be a fantastic feature. Getting really annoying always having to select the accounts I want filtered in transaction view. I dont care for the accounts I have hidden/removed from spending plans. Annoying to be reviewing transactions and constantly having to select the accounts I want to see. Thanks.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've used Watchlists (almost like saved filters) for some of the things people here want to track, BUT as of now, Watchlists and Filters have huge differences that force me to use both.

What Watchlists have but Reports do not have:

• The ability to Save a report! Imagine "Saved Filters" here in this line of choices. That would list your saved reports.

• Show Last 12 months. While I can select the last 12 months in Reports, its painful as I have to manually do this, every time. See this link to vote for this feature. Just add Last 12 months!
    • Watchlist breaks down more Categories than Reports (that seems to limit Categories then "Everything Else".

• BUT clicking on the breakdown itself like "travel" in the Watchlist does NOT change the Bar graph, it just changes the Register. I feel this is very unclear at first. I wish the Bars would change too.
    • Watchlists show coming Bills and Subscriptions (very handy as this eliminates end of month surprises) BUT you can't turn this off, so it is NOT a real reflection of actual $'s spent.
    • Target lines in the bar graphs
    • Average over time
    • You can see the Tiles of all your Watchlists. IF Reports were saved, it would be great to see your Saved reports in the same way.

What Reports have but Watchlist do not have:

• Ability to adjust dates. Watchlist is ONLY the last 12 months
    • Pie Graphs AND Bar graphs. Watchlist is only a 12 month bar graph, no category breakouts in the graph itself. (Report bars shown below showing stacked bars)
    • Reports can "filter" for more things than the Watchlist. Why can't Watchlists include Accounts, Flags and Advanced?

NEITHER:

• Show Notes in the register. Vote here if you want this. Why not?!

I've probably missed a few differences but these are the ones I see and in some ways, wish QS could roll everything into Reports and eliminate Watchlists. I wonder if one of the Coaches could give us the logic around why there are two separate functions that almost function the same, but ultimately don't.

Regardless, I've voted yes to Saved Reports.

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

I vote for this!

• I use the same filters on a daily basis. I would love to have the ability to save or bookmark them so that I don't have to recreate them every time.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12

This request already exists and has votes on it. Vote for it below. With more votes, the chances for consideration rise.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited August 10

Hello @dmccoyQCH,

Thank you for coming to the Community to share your feedback! Since, as @UrsulaA pointed out, there is already an existing request for the feature you're asking for, I merged your request with the existing request. To track the status of the request, I recommend bookmarking this discussion since any updates, once available, will be posted here.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Yes, this would be so helpful. Any update?

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭

@Coach Kristina Any movement here or still not at the critical mass of votes required?

• quick
    quick Member

How do I vote for this feature (part of an MVP IMO)

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

On the first page of this message, presuming you're signed in, click the little up arrow underneath the vote counter.. The arrow should turn GREY when it's selected.

Rob Wilkens