Add "Last 12 Months" To Reports

Options
mike128
mike128 Member ✭✭
edited October 2021 in Feature Requests
In the Reports section, it would be helpful to have "Last 12 Months" as a date range in addition to 3 months and 6 months. It's very helpful to see a full year of income or spending when looking at financial reports.
43 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Please add a date range option to the Net Worth report for the last 12 months, and make it the default. Needing to manually select the date range for the last year (12 months, NOT the last calendar year) is frustrating. Moreover, the current default of the last 6 months isn't enough range to see a meaningful trend in the chart.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I created a net worth manual account in Simplifi to show my net worth over time for the last 15 years from Quicken data. I didn't need all of the individual transactions, but being able to see net worth over longer times (I can see when we had kids :)) is motivating and rewarding

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Last 12 months seems to me more meaningful than Last 6. Making the setting sticky would be nice so that what you last picked remains every time you go back to the page.

• Tyrion
    Tyrion Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree, last 12 months is a lot more useful than last 6.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like this feature as well. Would also like to set a default duration, e.g. last 12 months or This Year, etc.

• getquickevenbetter
    getquickevenbetter Member
    edited March 4
    Options

One of the default options for reports, spending, etc. should be year-to-date, or the last 12 months. Seems like that range should be expected as an option.

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that I would prefer Year to Date as my default option over Last 30 Days.

But mostly what I would want is "remember the last range I used and show me that again".

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Year to date already exists as this year. This request should be just for last 12 months. Also, the investments/balances section has a last 365 days balance option, the reports section could incorporate the same, which is close enough to last 12 months. I am upvoting this request for the last 12 months option.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    Options

Finally, the request for last 12 months already exists. Has about 30 votes.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

bump

This feature needs more vote attention.

Last 12 months was a feature i've wanted since I started using the software, but I always considered it low priority.

Now, many of the other features I was hoping for got done, so I'd like to bring some attention to this one.

If I select "Last Year" it can already show me 12 months of data. So what is being asked for here is to just get a new date range that was in Quicken Classic (the "default" there, from memory).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens