Is connecting to Interactive Brokers no longer supported?

jjl
jjl Member
edited September 18 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Hello,

I have been using simplifi since the start of the year and have multiple interactive brokers accounts that are connected and updating within Simplifi. I was trying to set up my fiancee's accounts with Simplifi and it seems that it is no longer possible to connect Simplifi to Interactive Brokers. I received no notifications about this and I am upset that we've paid for another account and now we cannot integrate all accounts together. I also cannot add a new interactive brokers account within my own Simplifi profile. Is this lack of support permanent?

Please let me know.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @jjl,

Thanks for reaching out! I am unsure what you mean by "interactive brokers". Can you go into more detail on what that specifically is? Is that a specific financial institution? Or perhaps an account type?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Jodi Edgar
    Jodi Edgar Member

I'm having the same issue with Interactive Brokers. Jon, it is a financial institution / broker that used to be in the list when setting up a new account. For some reason I had to delete and re-connect. When I went to add the account, Interactive Brokers is no long a choice in the financial institutions list.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@jjl & @Jodi Edgar, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

It doesn't look like Interactive Brokers is listed in Quicken Simplifi when trying to add a new account, so it must have been removed. You can request that the bank be added back by creating a Missing Financial Institution Request here in the Community, which would also allow us to keep everyone updated with any news we learn.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• jjl
    jjl Member

HI @Coach Jon and @Coach Natalie ,

cc @Jodi Edgar

The idea that Interactive Brokers "must have been removed" is very disheartening. Since I have multiple accounts in Simplifi connected to Interactive Brokers I feel I should have been notified that my primary brokerage is no longer being supported by Simplifi. To be clear, Interactive Brokers is the largest electronic trading venue in the United States by average daily trade volume. It has operations in 34 countries and 27 currencies and has 2.6 million institutional and individual brokerage customers, with total customer equity of $426 billion as of December 31, 2023. To once support connection for this large of an insistution and then remove it without notice is baffling to me.

I have raised the issue to add it back to the financial institutions list and haven't received any confirmation that it will be addressed. Without this support for new accounts with this institution and the idea that syncing with my current accounts may be disabled at any time I just can't see a way forward with Simplifi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_Brokers#:~:text=It%20has%20operations%20in%2034,Interactive%20Brokers%20Group%2C%20Inc.

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

Yea, that is very strange and concerning! I have two pre-existing Interactive Brokers account connections, and they still work, but attempting to add a new account does not list Interactive Brokers. On the Interactive Brokers side the "Mint" and "Turbo Tax" connectors still exist, so this is a change on the Quicken side. This is concerning because brokerage downloads are not implemented, so transactions cannot be locally saved.

I hope this is temporary.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 25

Hey everyone, the request that was created can be found here:

I'm trying to find out why Interactive Brokers is no longer listed and will be sure to update the Missing Financial Institution Request once we have more info/an update to provide. Please be sure to open the link and bookmark the request so you're notified of updates!

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Hi any updates on this?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @ivangladyshko,

We don't have any updates currently. If you haven't already done so, please bookmark the Financial Institution request linked earlier in this discussion, since any updates, once available, will be posted there.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.