Issues With Wells Fargo Credit Card

Options
JayBlank
JayBlank Member

There seems to be an issue with my Wells Fargo Credit Card account. The account reflects a balance of $0.00 after a few days, sometimes after twelve hours, and the transactions are not updated.

I have to manually delete and reconnect the account for Quicken to update the information.

I have checked with my bank to make sure the account can be shared with Quicken, which is good on the bank side.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Quicken Simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@JayBlank, thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

The next time the account in question stops updating, don't delete it. Instead, I'd suggest establishing a completely fresh connection with the bank by following these steps:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Once the account is re-linked, go ahead and keep an eye on things and let us know if the issue pops up again before taking any further action.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• MTDENCO
    MTDENCO Member
    edited May 1
    Options

Same issue, had the WF credit card connnected along with savings and checking up until recently. Credit card connection is now lost, shows balance of 0, checking and savings are just fine. Been a user for more than a year and this seems to happen every couple months. I think I just keep trying to reconnect until at some point it works and all of my accounts can be reconnected. At the moment, only the checking and savings show up, no option to reestablish the credit card. I've gone through the delete account action a few times and have had to rebuild my spending plan, bills, payments, etc. a few too many times. I'm really now getting to a point that this isn't worth the effort and seeing all the issues others are having, at least I know I am not alone.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@MTDENCO, thanks for posting on this topic!

Since Wells Fargo is one of our OAuth API banks, I wonder if the connection stops updating due to the token expiring. The next time this happens, don't delete the accounts, as you will lose all of your historical data. Instead, I'd suggest following these steps:

1. Navigate to the bank's website, sign in, and then remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party linked apps.
    2. Navigate back to Quicken Simplifi and reset the connection for the bank by following the steps here.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

This process will grant you a new token and allow your existing accounts to update once again. Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Trevor
    Trevor Member
    edited May 8
    Options

I just had this happen as well. I followed the instructions mentioned here, but when adding the connection back I get the "you've already added all the accounts from this bank" issue as mentioned in the following thread:

I then can see Wells Fargo in my list of accounts but it has no actual accounts listed under it. I was also not given a chance to link to the manual account, presumably since there was no account found to link.

• Trevor
    Trevor Member
    Options

I just tried adding the connection again and this time it worked. I was able to link it to the manual account and everything appears to be back to normal. Account balance and transactions synced and all my old transactions are still intact.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Trevor, I'm glad to hear you were able to get connected!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.