Add support for Robinhood IRA

Options

Robinhood [IRA] is listed under the unsupported, not the blocked list, so is there any reason it can't be added? Other aggregators have it.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @AlaskanWind,

To better assist with this request, please provide the login URL (web address) you use when logging into your Robinhood IRA account directly.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• AlaskanWind
    AlaskanWind Member
    Options

The retirement IRAs use the same login as the brokerage accounts, which are currently supported: https://robinhood.com/login/

Thank you

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@AlaskanWind, thanks for confirming!

We went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting Robinhood IRA accounts. Since these account types not being supported is most likely on the bank's end, I'm not sure what we'll be able to do from our end, but this Idea post will at least allow us to keep you and other users updated on any news if/when it becomes available.

It is also possible that migrating to Robinhood's OAuth API may come with support for this account type, so fingers crossed! The bank migration updates can be tracked here.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Karim Benbourenane
    Options

I am also having this same problem. You will see a lot more folks complaining about this due to Robinhood's 3% unlimited match for any IRA transfers until the end of April. A lot of money is going to be migrating to Robinhood to take advantage of this deal.

I used to only have a regular brokerage account with Robinhood, which does indeed show up correctly. But my traditional IRA and Roth IRA both will not appear when I reset the connection or delete the account and attempt to re-add it. These accounts are a significant portion of my assets and it's very frustrating to not be able to track them with Simplifi. Just wanted to chime in to add support for wanting this feature implemented soon.

Thanks @Coach Natalie for addressing the issue with a response.

• Karim Benbourenane
    Karim Benbourenane Member ✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

I'd like to add that other services can correctly sync these IRA accounts in Robinhood though I do not know how theyre doing it. For example, Fidelity Full View is able to show all account types from Robinhood in their finance tracker. I know that when connecting accounts, it first redirected me to Robinhood, where I logged in, and then redirected back to Fidelity. I think this may be their Oauth layer? Anyway, just wanted to add a datapoint to let it be known that it is definitely possible and being done right now in many finance tracker apps.

It's a bit of a disappointment to not have this resolved though I understand you are all working on the problem diligently so I am happy to be patient so long as it gets resolved some time soon. For now I have to use competing services which I really don't like, just in order to correctly track net worth values.

• Rupe
    Rupe Member
    edited May 4
    Options

I moved from Mint to Simplifi and was impressed with the data export / import process. I have also been impressed with the reliability of the connections to the financial institutions I use.

I moved my IRA to Robinhood and was very disappointed to find Simplifi does not support IRA accounts at Robinhood. I am currently unable to accurately track my net worth at Simplifi. @Coach Natalie both Empower (Personal Capital) and Fidelity Full View connect to Robinhood IRA accounts, so this is not a Robinhood issue. Is there a timeline for a fix?

• Matt Y
    Matt Y Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, please make this happen.

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

• Dubstings
    Dubstings Member
    Options

please support this

• Karim Benbourenane
    Karim Benbourenane Member ✭✭
    Options

In the meantime, for users that really need to include their Robinhood IRA shares, I suggest you add the account manually and then add each additional holding manually with symbol name and quantity. Simplifi will look up the symbol market values for you automatically and keep track of it as it fluctuates. So long as you're not trading often, this is an acceptable workaround for now. For me, I only make trades once every month so its not terrible, for those of you who trade frequently my approach will be of little use.

• bp19988
    bp19988 Member
    Options

I appreciate most of the experience with Quicken Simplifi, but I am also adding to the thread that Robinhood IRAs would be a super helpful integration. Also, really appreciate this community homepage. With that said, I have a couple of concerns and comments to point out to point out, as a fellow fintech PM, with much respect.

Bug 1: Robinhood IRA accounts do not automatically track in Quicken Simplifi even after integrating Robinhood and reconnecting the Robinhood integration.
    My main reason for using Quicken Simplifi is to aggregate my accounts easily, so fast integrations are a core portion of the offering.

Additionally, I do think that you'll find a large crossover between those that track their money, and those that took advantage of Robinhood's limited time match policy.

Last note, which I'd suggest (if you don't already do this), but when thinking about what integrations to set up, triaging by what sees the most net positive cashflow.

Bug 2: Mentions do not work as intended
    First off, I'm sure you all had a lovely debate on whether to nest the comments, and I'm at least pretty sure you decided on @ mentions to help alleviate some of the build complexity and still retain some ability for persistent conversation. Still, when I try to @ mention another commenter, it shows the image below.

What I expect: As a user, I expect to see a list of the users who left comments within the relevant thread

What I see: I see an unordered list not pertaining to anything relevant to this thread

Happy to hop on a call to provide in-depth user feedback if helpful. Thanks.

• rogerh
    rogerh Member
    Options

Adding my request for Simplifi to support Robinhood traditional IRA as well as Roth IRA accounts.

• tbo45
    tbo45 Member
    Options

What's also frustrating is if you use the "workaround" and manually add the accounts and holdings, the account value on the dashboard doesn't update in sync with the manual account holdings or when you click on the account, which doesn't make sense to me at all.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@tbo45, it sounds like you may need some troubleshooting. If you'd like to do so, please create a separate post to outline the issue you're seeing so we can assist you.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.