Ability to Create Transaction Rules for Amounts and Accounts [edited] (7 Merged Vote)

124»

Comments

• raydar84
    raydar84 Member
    edited April 28

This issue is why I'm switching to [Removed]

• Missourian
    Missourian Member

I write weekly checks in fixed amounts. Because it’s a check, Simplifi can’t see the payee and therefore can’t automatically assign a category. I want to assign a rule that all checks written for X amount get automatically assigned Y category.

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭

They already have other things they're working on - can't churn out every feature request with top priority. They've made great progress on a very popular savings goal update. I'm sure they'll get to this.

• tkdennis
    tkdennis Member

Hoping they'll include Tags when they rework the Transaction Rules!

• cjs
    cjs Member

Please add amount as a selection to the transaction rule logic. This would help me tremendously.

• DustyMiles
    DustyMiles Member

Rules like this would be excellent. I was ready to make the switch over to simplifi from the one platform but I need the transaction rules especially for recurring transactions as our Rent is paid through Venmo.

• Big thumbs up for this feature. Right now Simplifi works great except that every single check is unknown because they all include the exact same ids. I have a list of checks that are for the exact same amount, and same day of month, that I cannot create rules for.

As a new user, it's easy to move elsewhere. However, I'd prefer you add this feature.

• Bill V
    Bill V Member

I'd like to vote but I don't see a link. I have lots of transactions where this would be useful. i.e. the same insurance company bills for home owners and auto separately. I have to manually apply transactions each month. Or multiple reoccurring Zelle payments from the same payee with reoccurring amounts for different categories. Thanks

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13

@Bill V

To the left of "Leave a Comment" you will see the page numbers for this thread. Click on page 1 then scroll to the top of that page and you should see the Up/Down arrows for voting. (The page numbers are also shown at the top of each page.)

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Ellen Sheets
    Ellen Sheets Unconfirmed, Member

I have just started using Simplifi in the last week. I have 4 insurance policies with the same carrier. The payment withdrawals all happen on the same day. The inability to rename based on amount is quite frustrating.

This feature request has been open for 3 1/2 years. As someone who has programmed professionally for more than 50 years, I cannot believe that adding such a feature can be very complicated or risky. So what gives?

• chrispy
    chrispy Member

Another example: Purchases at a gas station. If greater than $30, categorize as Gas, otherwise, uncategorized (or food). Tracking a gas budget is near impossible with all of the things you may purchase at a gas station.

• I have several online subscription payments that flow through PayPal. Everyone shows up as the same Payee and there seems to be no option to distinguish them from each other, in order to create unique Payee names relevant to each subscription.
    If an "Amount of transaction" field was added to the Payee creation window, the app would have a way to recognize the unique info and assign the correct payee.

• YES! They've been seemingly ignoring our requests for this for years. Don't see why it should be difficult for them to do. Pretty please, Quicken, make this happen! You're way behind other apps in this regard, yet I don't want to have to switch to them.

• Hear, hear!!!! PLEASE make this happen, Quicken!!!

• Ben1
    Ben1 Member

+1 on rules for tags

Even just tags for individual accounts would help

e.g., I have business cards and personal cards and I want to tag transactions coming from them separately

Please add this feature.. would save me soooo much time. Thank you!!!

• DustyMiles
    DustyMiles Member

Is the Amount Matching feature they added in early access part of what we asked for in here?

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

go to settings > general and you can select early access and try the feature to see if it does the job.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DustyMiles
    DustyMiles Member

Yea definitely not the correct feature lol Not even close.

• Ben1
    Ben1 Member

Yeah, I started trying this out for my use case but it causes a lot of records on the series/reminders.. not really sustainable.

• DomB
    DomB Member

Yes, Dollar amount based rule would be helpful. I have two payments from Spectrum. One for Phone and one for internet both wih different fixed dollar amounts. It would nice to automatically have them placed in the proper category based on the dollar amount since they don't change every month

• wmanzer
    wmanzer Member

Across multiple accounts, I can receive a transaction like "Online Payment Thank You". I would like to apply a different name to this transaction like "American Express - Payment" or "Citibank - Payment" depending on the account in which it arrives. I would like to suggest an enhancement to the matching rules so that they can apply to ALL accounts or to SELECTED accounts (such as one or more accounts).

• Ruth
    Ruth Member

+1 for adding the amount as criteria….

• agree, this would also be helpful for Amazon and Apple subscription services

• wkh
    wkh Member ✭✭

I would like to see re-categorizing rules to include an optional dollar amount.

This is useful for example with Amazon, where I may have a monthly recurring charge of $2.99 that should be categorized as “Television” and other charges that I’d like to categorize as “Shopping”. The rule could look like this:

if ‘amount’ == X or (‘amount’>Y and ‘amount’<Z) then

Category = Television.

You could initially just program with the ==, which would suffice, but it would be better to give a range option as indicated with the Y and Z as shown above. Your competition (Monarch Money) allows this and it’s a very useful feature.

• wkh
    wkh Member ✭✭

Sorry! I actually did search for this in new features and saw nothing related to it. Otherwise, I certainly would not have posted it as a new request 😬.