Santander Credit Card Showing Credit Available Instead of Balance

2»

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Jeremy Young,

Thank you for letting us know! We will need new information to continue troubleshooting this issue as well. Can you provide a screenshot of both the current account balance on the bank's website and the current balance of the account in Quicken Simplifi?

Additionally, we will need new logs sent to us:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.  Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.  With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.  Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks, and let us know when that information has been sent!

-Coach Jon

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

I've done this all of this.

• Coach Jon

Thanks @Jeremy Young,

We will continue to keep you updated as we work to resolve this issue! Thanks for your continued patience!

-Coach Jon

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

Hi Coach Jon, for the last two days I haven't been able to connect / reconnect my Santander account. Logging in online and using other finance programs are fine. I don't get a code when it ask for a 2FA text code though. I'm wondering if this is related.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Jeremy Young,

Thanks for the reply. You will want to create a separate post for this new issue, so that we may keep this one on topic for the original issue. Once you have, we can get started on troubleshooting that new issue!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

I was able to reconnect today. So just have the same issue as before in this thread now.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Jeremy Young,

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you were able to reconnect! We will be sure to update you on the status of the original issue as we receive updates for it.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon

Hello @Jeremy Young,

We have an update for you on your issue. You will want to try reconnecting your accounts under this provider. You can make the accounts manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts. Let us know if this issue persists!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

That was what I did the other day to get the account to work again. And it's been fluctuating between the balance and the available credit the last few days. Right now it is correct. I'll reconnect the next time I see an issue with it, which may be this afternoon/evening or tomorrow.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Jeremy Young,

Thank you for the quick reply! We will definitely need those steps to be followed again as soon as you can, since it was requested by the engineer working on the issue. If the issue does persist after following the steps we will need fresh data and logs as well. It would be the same information we originally requested, just up to date at this point.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

OK, I've done this. Will report back if it starts flip flopping again.

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

It started flip flopping between available credit and balance almost right away, whenever there is a refresh of the data.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Jeremy Young, thanks for letting us know!

As mentioned by Coach Jon, we will need to gather fresh data from you while the incorrect balance is actively occurring. This will be the same information provided previously:

1. The account balance on the bank's website.
    2. The account balance in Quicken Simplifi.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:
    2. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    3. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    4. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    5. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Can you also describe what you mean by the balance flip flops when there is a refresh of data, please? Does this mean that when you update the account in Quicken Simplifi, the balance is correct again? If so, at what point does it become incorrect?

-Coach Natalie

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member
    edited August 26

Flip-flopping between showing the available credit and balance. Coach Jon might be able to fill / see the above comments.

• Coach Natalie

@Jeremy Young, flip-flopping when and how? We need details on this, and I don't see those listed above. We will still need the fresh round of data from you as well, so let us know when the balance issue pops up again and provide that to us so our engineering team can continue working on the ticket.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

OK. I am following from this thread with you before as well:

Did something happen to Coach Jon?

I can hopefully get to this tonight or tomorrow when I'm on my personal computer.

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

When I'm at my personal computer it happens to be when it shows correctly, so haven't been able to get the screenshots of the error, but should I send the feedback anyway for now?

• Coach Natalie

@Jeremy Young, when does it show incorrectly? We need more info on how/when the balance flip-flops so we can provide it to our engineering team. We need to prove to them that the incorrect balance is still occurring so they can continue working on the issue with our service provider.

Nothing happened to Coach Jon, he was just out for a long weekend. 🙂

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

I was able to do it from my work computer. It happens every day back and forth. It seems like every time I check it in Simplifi, it flips.

• Coach Natalie

@Jeremy Young, what happens? Does the balance become correct or incorrect? At which point does it become correct or incorrect again? The info you're providing does not offer these timeline details that we need to share with our engineering team.

-Coach Natalie

• Jeremy Young
    Jeremy Young Member

It becomes incorrect to correct and from correct to incorrect again. I only notice when I check it - it seems to flip every time the account is refreshed. I can keep track of time stamps when I notice moving forward if you'd like. The last time it flipped from correct to incorrect was probably 15 minutes ago. When I checked last night it was correct.

• Coach Natalie

@Jeremy Young, thank you!

I'll let you know if they need time stamps, but I think what you provided in your last comment will suffice. I also got your screenshots and logs and updated the ticket. We will let you know when the next update comes back through from them!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    zeroskatr512 Member

@Coach Natalie I'd like to report that this same issue still exists for me. I missed your post in the thread I had from back in May (CTP-8955). I don't use my Santander card very much so its hard for me to help troubleshoot this issue.

• Coach Natalie

@Jeremy Young, the engineer working on this issue needs more data from you, please:

1. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page you see when you first sign in). This screenshot needs to have a wide enough scope to show the page URL, it must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser, and we need to see the balance for the account. Feel free to redact any personal info, such as account numbers.
    2. A wider scope of the incorrect balance in Quicken Simplifi — I'd say to just take a screenshot of the entire account page, like this (and feel free to redact any other account balances or anything along those lines if you'd like):

Thanks!

@zeroskatr512, thanks for letting us know! If you want to be added to the ticket, you will want to provide the following data when you notice the issue actively occurring:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account in question, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. A screenshot of the balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    4. A screenshot of the balance displayed on the bank's website for a comparison.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• I've sent the screenshots now to you.

• Coach Natalie

@Jeremy Young, thanks!

It looks like we still need the screenshot from the bank's website —

1. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page you see when you first sign in). This screenshot needs to have a wide enough scope to show the page URL, it must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser, and we need to see the balance for the account. Feel free to redact any personal info, such as account numbers.

-Coach Natalie

• OK sent.