Add an Assets/Liabilities Net Worth Chart (edited)

David P
David P Member ✭✭
edited March 29 in Feature Requests

Would be nice to see assets and liabilities on the Net Worth report/graph, rather than just a single line.

16 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@David P, thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests for now, as I'm not sure quite what you're requesting and wanted to gain some clarity, as well as make sure you're aware of some of the existing features of the Net Worth Report. Since Assets and Liabilities are currently included in the Net Worth Report, have you tried using Filters to filter the Report to just those accounts? Or are you specifically looking to see separate lines for each account in the graph of the Report? Or are you perhaps looking for a separate Assets/Liabilities Report to give more granularity to this aspect of your net worth?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• David P
    David P Member ✭✭

Hi Natalie,

A feature I enjoyed on Mint and have seen on other platforms incorporates assets as a positive bar and debts as a negative bar on the graph. It gives a little more insight than just a line; something like the picture attached.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@David P, thanks for the visual!

-Coach Natalie

• Bread01
    Bread01 Member ✭✭
    edited April 8

Completely agree with David P. Net Worth is made up of two major components, 1.) total assets and 2.) total liabilities. Visually being able to see trends in the two underlying components is as important, if not more important, than visualizing the total net worth when analyzing your financial performance. That was one of my favorite graphs in Mint.

Simplifi User from February 2024 - February 2025

Mint User Since 2011

User Type: Monitor Net Income and Grow Net Worth

• Bump. Please add this feature.

Just a dude working for a dude to make money to pay another dude

• the_scottster
    the_scottster Member ✭✭✭

I'd love a net worth widget on the dashboard - seems like a pretty natural thing to have.

Long time Mint user jumping into Simplifi-world!

• the_scottster
    the_scottster Member ✭✭✭

Long time Mint user jumping into Simplifi-world!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

The request you reference is separate as the dashboard is separate from the reports area. The requests should be separate.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• This is EXACTLY the reason I made an account on this, to ask for graphs and trends of net worth. I love simplifi, but I really miss the ability to look at long term trends with graphs like mint had. Ideally each of the cash, liabilites, investments and net worth would have ability to graph 1 month, 1 year, 5 year and all time graphs. I think for trackers like me, we use simplifi to make sure accounts are trending in right direction more than we use it for budgeting and spending.

• LakGoy
    LakGoy Member

currently in the NetWorth we only see one line for the total networth, it would be nice to have a Pie-Chart showing my total assets (and maybe a separate one for all my liabilities).

Also, uptight the current single-line to have each account would be useful to see how each is changing overtime.