Investment Transaction Duplications (edited)

2»

Comments

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2

here are the duplicates on my side.. the 1st and 2nd from the top. the 2nd line for ARCC downloaded yesterday, I changed it to "Payment/Deposit" and "Dividend". Simplifi then downloaded the transaction again today in its original form.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @RockLee,

Thanks for the examples! In order to add you to the ticket, we will also need you to provide the previously asked-for information in this thread as well when you can. Feel free to send the information via DM if you prefer!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

While this case is being worked on, do I keep the duplicate transaction in Simplifi until the issue is resolved? Just checking.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Jon

Hello @UrsulaA,

You are fine to go ahead and remove the duplicated transactions if you prefer. We should have the events captured in the logs for the duplicated transactions.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

Can anyone give me a non-corporate reason for why we can not sort or search on ACTION and why we can't add Types?

I have probably spent 8 over hours over 3 or 4 days changing Income / Investments to Payments. I'm pretty sure no one cares how many mouse clicks, copy. And I still have another 50 or so to go :(

And I have to pay a fee.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

Wellllll…. I'm finding 4 and 5 duplicates of the same Investment Dividend for the same month with the same date and amount in multiple accounts.

I have been trained well though, nothing will be done about it, I will be patted on the head with a "we're sorry" and vote for a change. There's no way I can communicate the instances I'm finding, just going through September transaction, after changing Income/Dividend to Payments. Inncredibly frustrating and very time consuming. We do get a discount for our subscription, right ???

Please, a straight, non-corporate answer, when will the programmers get around to letting us download "our" Investment transactions via CSV ??

Thank you….

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 12

This is representative of what I am contending with after tediously changing the Action from Income Dividend.

The second attachment is from my current History in my broker's History webpage. Comparing the two it becomes clear that Simplifi is doing a couple of things here; Assigning the wrong date to transactions and, duplicating entries after I have changed them Payments. These are all the same transaction amount and there should only be One per month.

The third attachment shows that QS posts the transaction date as of the date it scans the account?? Not the date of the transaction.

All of this duplicating and mis-dating started as of May. I never had a problem with this until the switchover to Schwab.

It seems that QS posts the transaction date as of the date it scans the account. Not the date of the transaction.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 12

These shots are directly from my September statement.

Looks like this is part of Q-S problem, and mine by proxie. Q-S can't decide on which dates to use and it's causing a bunch errors. The date on the Q-S Transaction page, in an earlier post, doesn't match ANY of these dates. I'm finding this for more transactions as well. This is the same for other securities as well. And the only way I really found all these duplicates was a search by dollar amount.

I can get a phone number for your programmers if they need to talk to the Schwab folks.

The more I look, the more duplicates and quadruplicates I'm finding. Four payments for one security that only pays once a month. 😫

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

It might be that you are experiencing multiple issues. I get the duplicate error every time I switch to "payment/deposit", I then delete the duplicates and it stays fixed. I suppose you can only wait and see what the behavior is once this duplicate transaction bug is fixed, if you stick around that long. Honestly, there are other platforms that I think do a solid job of transaction management, but maybe without some of the bells and whistles of Simplifi, maybe worth considering. I get the frustration.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 13

Thanks RockLee… I would probably have been gone last April, but, without being able to export my Investment data to a CSV file, they make it near impossible. I think we should get a free years subscription just for all our trouble shooting and work that should be handled by their software.

I have been changing everything to the Payment using the Transaction Details page. You would think that that would overwrite the original entry. You'd think… But what is real poor is how they read the data from the brokerage. I'm finding even more securities with August and October deposits labeled as September. Besides the example above, I have other accounts with the same 5 entries, for one security, in September.

And I thought Mint was messed up with some of their problems. At least we could get a date range using a category and export our data as a CSV file. Guess we have to vote for that and wait 2 years?

Best..

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13

@neon45

If all of your investment transactions are set to the "payment/deposit" type, then you can change the brokerage type on the account to "savings", then download the CSV file from the regular transaction list. The caveat is that if you change the account type back to "brokerage" it sets the visibility of all the transactions back to hidden for reports and spending plan. I do this.. and I have a category I use for all the transactions that are visible in reports so that I can multi-edit by keying off that category when changing the account back to brokerage.

I Don't want to drift off-topic here, but I wish that we could just permanently set the account type of investments to savings and not bother with the investment page. I was meaning to start a new discussion about it, but just haven't yet!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

My experience with duplicate investment transactions is the same. I get duplicates only when I switch the type for dividends or interest to "payment/deposit". Otherwise, there are no duplicates with dividends or interest.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

Unfortunately, their problems go beyond just that. We should not have 5 transactions, in one month, for a stock that only pays once a month.

Personally, I think they have a problem with how the program interprets and imports the history in the Schwab account. All they need to do is go back to the way Mint imported the statements. Easy.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

Interesting, changing to Savings. I'll look at that. Silly that we have to be forced into doing this when we pay every month to use the program.

Regarding the Exclude Spending / Reports; I have been going into Settings > Accounts and clicking on the 3 buttons. I found the Exclude Spending / Report options for the whole account there.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 14

Searching by Dollar amount is showing more and more of these errors in multiple accounts.

At $22 an hour minimum wage where do I send my invoice to collect for all the time I've spent on a paid service?

Also, please note the Blue Circles. The header is messed up in the Investments Transactions page. Only the bottom half is visible. It's fine in Banking and Savings.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 15

The mirth never ends :) This stock has 2 types of returns on the 31st of the month. I'd say something went horribly wrong. The brokerage history shows 2 transactions on the 31st. Crazy, huh? I'm retired, what to hire me to show how badly this is going?

And here I thought I was rich running those reports :(

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

Hi Coach Kristina… Have we responded enough since September 22nd?

Radio silence from all the coaches. Something is up with 280 views on the topic.

• Coach Jon

Hello @neon45,

Any additional topics outside of Investment Transactions duplicating after editing the Action/Type will need to be posted in a new thread.

As for the issue itself, it is still being investigated and worked on, but if you would like to be added to the escalation we will still need all of the previously requested information in order to get you added.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭

Certainly Coach Jon. Where shall I send my invoice for the time spent trouble shooting QS, so that your customers can have a great experience? I'm only charging $50 an hour, a bargain.

So, basically, with 280 views, you know there is a problem and we are being told to go away, you bother us.

And you want this thread to go away?

All said and asked with a smile… 😍

And, how about a public update for the 280 curious folks who have participated in the thread?

"As for the issue itself, it is still being investigated and worked on", but if you would like to be added to the escalation we will still need all of the previously requested information in order to get you added.

Best 🤗